Bonds may boycott HOF Induction...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Rise Up! (Witness™), Nov 2, 2007.

1. Rise Up! (Witness™)

Rise Up! (Witness™) Registered Member

If Barry Bonds doesn't show up at his HOF induction, I think it will be totally unprofessional on his part. If he is not there, I don't think he should be able to get in the Hall of Fame, but I don't think there is any way he will miss his induction. Barry just has a big mouth and doesn't know how to talk to the media.

2. DaSportsGuy

DaSportsGuy Registered Member

How does he have a big mouth. He hardly ever talks to the media. Most people probably think he does because they are always on his case about the whole steroid thing so what else can you do than talk to them.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on that one Dasportsguy, Bonds has a huge mouth, and when he usually speaks bad stuff comes out. Just like this quote he won't make an appearance at his induction if the ball still has an asterix. I think he's just acting stupid again, and should be honored to be in that Hall will all the great players that haven't cheated to hit home runs.

This is why I can't stand him, stupid remarks like this.

4. Fireball

Fireball Registered Member

Bonds misses the point. The Hall is not trying to rewrite history. The fans voted on this ball, and apparently, the fans all think that you're a cheater, Bonds. Him boycotting the Hall of Fame won't change the minds of the fans...and to do so would further signify the immaturity of one of the greatest villains in all of sports history.

5. krissa79

krissa79 Guest

I agree I don't think they're trying to rewrite history, but it's got to sting to have "made" this great accomplishment and have people doubt the veracity of said accomplishment...which is why I think he's talking from the wounded side of his mouth.
    He shouldn't have said anything, period, that he couldn't/wouldn't back up. I hope he shows up...I think he's being a big titty baby if he doesn't.