Bonds joins Aaron, Ruth...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SamusAran86, Sep 18, 2004.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Last Night Barry Bonds joined Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth in the 700 home run club... it was his 42nd of the season

Barry's current 2004 stats...

133 games
    343 at bats
    119 Runs
    128 hits
    27 Doubles
    1 Triple
    42 Home Runs
    96 Runs Batted In
    283 Total bases
    207 Bases on Balls
    34 Strike Outs
    6 Stolen Bases
    1 Caught Stealing
    .611 On Base Percentage
    .825 Slugging Percentage
    .373 Batting Average

MLB's Magnificant 700 Story

^ also has link to video of 700th homerun

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

So yeah, screw Barry Bonds.

3. Rabs

Rabs Registered Member

I really hate how so many people don't like Bonds. He is one of the best players of all time, if not the best. There is no denying that. He means so much to the sport and there is not one single athelete that is as dominant as he is. He is truly amazing and I can't believe he is still so good such an older age.

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

well the problem with people hateing Bond's has to be the fact that no one knows if he's on the juice or not...

I root for a team that is in the same division as Bonds so I have a hatered for him... but one thing I can be sure of is the fact tha I do not know if he has been juiced or not... no matter what he is still tied to the BALCO scandel and untill his name is cleared, I believe he is on the stuff!

I mean hell, just look at his numbers... if he doesnt get walked, he either get a long out or a homerun... HELL teams have decieded to walk him everytime he comes to bat... yet with all those walks he still has 42 homeruns (3 behind the Major League Leader who has 45)

even Mark McGuire must be glad he got out of baseball when he did, as he was one I though did the "juice"... look at his size durring his rookie year and look at his size when he retired... there is no way in hell he did that without any help... but thats just my opinion

5. Rabs

Rabs Registered Member

Yeah the whole steroid situation is kind of crazy. No one really knows the truth, but Bonds is great regardless. If he actually got pitched too, I believe he would easily hit over 100 HRs a year. He is that good. McGuire didn't take steroids, but he did take Andro, which was legal at the time and since has been banned.

6. Doc

I really hate how so many people don't like Bonds. He is one of the best players of all time, if not the best. There is no denying that. He means so much to the sport and there is not one single athelete that is as dominant as he is. He is truly amazing and I can't believe he is still so good such an older age.

Wunna know why I hate Bonds? Comments like this:

"I don't care about Aaron's record. All I care about is Ruth's, that way everyone will shut up about how great he was."

I can dig up some more quotes if you'd like. I despise that man. Bonds is nothing but a pompous asshole. Ruth was no perfect gentleman, but he was 100 times better of a person.

7. Rabs

Rabs Registered Member

Bonds isn't the best with the media that's for sure, but I don't consider him a bad person.

8. Doc

How about he takes a day off every week to two weeks because he's "too tired to play." That doens't exactly make him the best player ever. Ruth used to go out and get sloshed the night before a game, come to the stadium late and half drunk, and hit two home runs.

9. Rabs

Rabs Registered Member

And you say Bonds isn't a good person.

10. Doc

Ruth took time out of his life to sign a baseball for a kid dying in the hospital. That man loved kids. He was always giving money and thigns away to them. The Babe hit twice more than any other home run hitter of his era, in a time when home runs weren't big, and did it in a time where the baseball season was shorter.

What does Bonds spend his money on? Steroids?