Bonds Indicted On Perjury And Obstruction Of Justice Charges

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

SI.com - Barry Bonds was indicted Thursday on perjury and obstruction of justice charges, culminating a four-year federal investigation into whether he lied under oath to a grand jury looking into steroid use by elite athletes.

The indictment came three months after the 43-year-old Bonds passed Hank Aaron to become baseball's career home run leader. Bonds parted ways with the San Francisco Giants.

While Bonds was chasing Aaron, a grand jury was working behind closed doors to put the finishing touches on the long-rumored indictment.

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_w...n_perjury_and_obstruction_of_justice_charges/

2. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

It was only a matter of time.

Breaking News: Greg Anderson ordered by judge to be released from jail.

Now I have to listen to this on all sports shows for the next umteen days.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Some baseball experts say that Bonds will never play a game ever again in the Major Leagues, they say that the owners don't want to take the risk, especially when all the questions that will come to them if they do sign him, also the hearing is suppose to take place in four to five months, close to the opening game.

Also the same experts have said that if he's found guilty all his records will be wiped off the record books.

4. The_Kid

The_Kid Sexy Beast

I think Bonds certainly deserves it.

5. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

In the court of public opinion that's absolutely true. As a matter of law I'll wait to see what happens.

Hoosier.

6. Fireball

Fireball Registered Member

A continuing embarrassment to baseball. Amazing that even when he's not playing, Bonds manages to stain the game in a way that very few players have ever done. I would like to hear from all the Bonds suporters out there: If Bonds is found guilty of lying about not knowingly using steroids...do you still think the record's his? And why?

7. shd70

shd70 Guest

I just wish he would fall off the face of the earth - he (and all the other roided up players) have nearly ruined the sport.....

8. Hoosier_Daddy

Did they ruin the sport or did MLB ruin it themselves by allowing steroid use to run rampant during the immediate post-strike period of '94. I believe MLB and Selig not only knew about the problem; they encouraged it to put the fans back in the seats with high scoring games and monstorous homers, which is what the average fan want's to see.

Hoosier.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

All I'm going to say, is if Pete Rose isn't allowed into the Hall of Fame for gambling, Bonds shouldn't even be allowed in the State of New York.

10. Hoosier_Daddy

It'll be odd to have both the all time hits leader and the all time homerun leader excluded from The Hall.

Hoosier.