Bonds: I'm Not Retired

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

RealGM Baseball: Wiretap Archives: Bonds: I'm Not Retired

Honestly why isn't this guy calling it quits, its obvious no teams wants him. If any team was interested by now then he'd be playing for one. Get the hint, no one wants you, just retire.

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I actually saw the speech. I thought it was pretty good and totally out of character for him until he said that he wasn't retired. It seemed to me like he was trying to say, "Hey, you guys still want me.. right?"

3. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

he should stay retired. wherever he goes, bad popularity goes b/c of the whole steroids issue. explains why noone wants him.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

He looked like he was joking around and having fun with it. I actually hope someone gives him a chance. That way we can see what he can do as a 40 + year old washed up non steroid user.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

He should join the Dodgers to be with Manny. I'd like to see how much hate they'll both get (and the team) if he joins them. Haha. I would so love to see that.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Imagine how horrible that outfield would be. Manny in left and Bonds in right. You'd have to make one or the other a DH.

7. SHOELESSJOE3

SHOELESSJOE3 Registered Member

It's evident no one wants Barry. Had he been signed earlier in the year he may have been of some value to a team, maybe AL team with the DH.
    It's all his own doing, not only the fact that it "appears" he used steroids but his flippant attitude on steroids sort of a "so what" attitude on steroid use in general.
    Some comments when asked to comment on steroid use not diercted at him just the game itself.

" It's none of the peoples business what the players do." 2002

" There are worse things, heroin and cocaine."
    " You wear glasses so you can do your job, is that cheating."

That last one was not word for word but very close, he compares wearimg glasses to using a chemical, glasses are legal, foolish statement.

I think many teams were hesitant to pick him up because they would be viewed as the one to give a much disliked and suspected rule breaker another chance. Yes the Yankees took Steve Howe and Strawberry back but those two had personal problems, not related to the game.

Barry's mouth certainly no help over the years, turning off many fans, did not help him.

A couple of years ago he says, he has wiped out babe Ruth,"don't talk about him (Ruth) no more." What was to be gained by saying that.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  8. BStreetBullies

BStreetBullies Registered Member

As if his legacy isn't tarnished enough, he wants to come back and piss on any ashes that still may hold a torch for what a great player he was.

I believe he will get signed somewhere, because I believe there are some anti-trust laws that prevent all the teams from binding together and locking out one player from the league. But most likely his return will be much like the Babe's, where he is there to fill seats and is more or less, the joke of the league.