• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bonds guilty of obstruction of justice

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Barry Bonds found guilty of obstruction of justice - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

Guilty on obstruction of justice. Hung jury/mistrial on the other three charges.

I'm glad that this is finally over, I'm not to surprised with the final ruling, and not to angry about it. To me him getting black balled from Baseball and he won't be going into the Hall of Fame is punishment enough.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Good. This is what I wanted for him. He did clearly "obstruct justice" but by no means did he lie. I always will believe that he didn't use steroids (at least the time in question) and I wish that Bud Selig would just man up and allow these records. You might as well just fire all of the players since they most likely have all used steroids at least once! Just accept it and move on.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm glad this shit is finally done with.

I know they'll appeal it into oblivion but the verdict is in. I hope he gets the prison time he deserves.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't know if I'd agree that prison time is necessary, but I'll definitely be glad to see him "black balled" from MLB.

I still stand by my thoughts that anyone found guilty of steroid use should be automatically disqualified from the HOF...even if it was the common thing in Baseball at the time, the ones that deserve the nod are the ones that excelled without taking shortcuts.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish they'd put this asshole behind bars for just being a shitty human but I guess they can't do that.

He'll never sniff the Hall of Fame and nor should he.

Time to move on.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
This doesn't suprise me, I thought the evidence against him was fairly conclusive, I doubt he will serve prison time though.

I agree he should definitely not ever be inducted into the HOF.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They'll definitely appeal it, that's not even a question. But like CO mentioned I really doubt he'll face any prison time.

I totally disagree with KSF though, Bonds definitely cheated in the early 00's and if you can't see it, then that's a shame. I don't mind if his records are allowed, but I want an asterix beside them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Baseball 10
NewGamePlus Baseball 4
Babe_Ruth Baseball 6
Babe_Ruth Baseball 12
StroShow Baseball 17