Bonds can be ready to play in 10 days...

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
...but no one wants him. At all.

"I am not talking to any club about Barry Bonds," Borris said, "because they all made it very clear to me they are not interested in him. Every club."

"I can't believe he doesn't have a job. No one has offered even the minimum salary. He made the All-Star team last year, and there's no reason to believe he wouldn't have a repeat performance in 2008, except for the conspiracy against him."

So apparently Bond's agent thinks there is a conspiracy against Bonds keeping him from getting a job in MLB. I always thought it had something to do with him being jacked up on steroids and lying to Congress.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bonds is a nightmare, he thinks he owns the clubhouse, he only cares about himself, and he's only going to be a distraction to the team, especially if he goes to a team like the Rays. I'm really hoping that no signs him to a contract and that he never plays another baseball game in his life in the Major Leagues. He's a bum and an asshole as well. Cannot stand the guy, and a lot of his old teammates feel the same way.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Perhaps the owners got a a conference call and all decided to black ball him, or the commish told them all to do so or something. But good luck proving that. No one wants to take on the media storm that would follow picking him up. If he goes to a team that is horrible, I doubt he suddenly makes them a playoff team. And if he goes to a good team and they don't do as well as expected, whoever decided to lobby for him puts themself on the hot seat. If he was 5 years younger maybe someone would take the chance, but at his age and the potential for injuries I doubt he plays again.

And doesn't he still have trial dates? As far as I know he could still go to jail. If the charges were dropped I missed that in the news.

Last edited:
How much would it tarnish the image the team he joins - no matter how bad the team is? After that whole steroids scandal I wouldn't want to risk taking Bonds on even if he could be a beneficial player. Seems like they'll be getting a lot of frowns and boos.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
"I mean, come on, why not hire him? Yeah, he's a bit of a crusty old dick and he may be going to prison . for a long time, but he's black! Kids love that!"

That's the kind of insulting, painfully idiotic rhetoric I'd expect to hear.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure that he'll be able to hit a few home runs here and there, but teams know his reputation and know how he is with teammates and like someone mentioned the trial will only be a distraction. Even a bad team like the Royals shouldn't pick him up because it's going to ruin there team chemistry, and he'll think he's the king of the Clubhouse. No team team needs that kind of crap.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
There was buzz around Boston earlier this week about them looking into Bonds since Ortiz is unsure of his return. It was the first time in my life I was truly angry about a potential roster move by the Sox.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well at the beggining of the season there was a buzz as well that the Jays were maybe thinking of acquiring his services, I would be so mad if they did, he would ruin the chemistry between the players and he would be a huge distraction to the team in so many different ways.

I'm glad that you felt that way Cons by the way, it shows you truly care for your team. I for one, appreciate that.