Boller, Smith race to get healthy for Ravens

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The Ravens are never going to be a great team with Boller at quarterback. I think that's already been proven. I say give Troy Smith a chance.

3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

My depth chart for the Ravens would be this...

Troy Smith
    Joe Flacco
    Kyle Boller

The Ravens already know Boller sucks...they've seen it. Smith knows the offense better so give him a shot. If he sucks, try out Flacco.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Flacco's been learning well to say the least if anyone happened to see the preseason game against the Rams: no interceptions and he got his first touchdown. But for the regular season he only needs to be put in as a last resort.

Smith is probably the best IMO because he can make good plays and is quick on his feet even though he's the shortest. Yeah I saw the game against the Vikings but hopefully that was just a bad day and not the general rule.

Boller by now should know what to do and what not to do, but even as a veteran he's pulled off some good games like the one against the Pats.

5. Babe_Ruth

I agree that Smith should be the starter. Everyone knows that Boller as struggled in the NFL since getting awarded the starting quarterback spot. So why not give Smith a chance? He's done pretty well when he's played. Flacco, still as a lot to learn, but he can become a good starter in this league, if he keeps improving.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I agree 100% with all of you. I'm an avid Ravens fan, as you all know, and I feel that Troy Smith should be the starter for the entire season no matter what their record is. Flacco or Boller should ONLY start in an injury situation or if they're completely out of contention. Flacco should not play before week 8.

7. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

The Ravens are making a pretty huge mistake by not choosing a definitive starting quarterback. Back before the Bengals had Carson Palmer, or even Jon Kitna, they decided to have an open contest for the starting job (I can't remember who they were since I blocked out alot of the 90's). Once it got to the regular season and the position was filled, the starter was terribly under prepared.

I whole heartedly support Troy Smith for the job. I've seen what he is capable of first hand, and I would love to see him prove his critics wrong by becoming a solid QB in the pros (except for against the Bengals of course...)

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Note: if anyone goes on to NFL.com you can see that Troy Smith has a better average than Kyle Boller does since he became a Raven.

9. Babe_Ruth

10. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Well good for Flacco I guess. If he's the healthiest it makes the most sense I suppose! I heard they signed Joey Harrington too...should be interesting to watch the QB position in Baltimore this year.