• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bolivia President's plane forced to land because of Snowden

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't blame the Bolivian president for being upset about this. If this were our president he would be livid.

Things haven't been good between Bolivia and the US for a long time. Bolivia expelled our Ambassador and the DEA back in 2008. We also sent their ambassador packing too.

Bolivia's president says he fears possible U.S. plot - CNN.com

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I find it ironic that the administration wants to charge Snowden for espionage for leaking information the administration was spying on the American public. Who is it that should be charged here?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I find it ironic that the administration wants to charge Snowden for espionage for leaking information the administration was spying on the American public. Who is it that should be charged here?
Or that we'd piss off allies and make all sorts of deals to capture this guy when someone should walk ACROSS the STREET and arrest James Clapper for perjury for lying about the program in front of Congress.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I can't believe there hasn't been more outrage over this, actually. It is an absolute disgrace that a presidential aircraft would be denied use of airspace (and possibly forced to land in order to be searched). As an American I couldn't be more ashamed that my country is responsible for this. And it's scary that other countries give in to our demands.

Can you imagine this happening to Air Force One with the POTUS on board? It would be seen as an act of war, because that's what it is. Yet we do this to Bolivia because we are not afraid of them. Amazing.