Bodyshock. Half Ton Son.

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by snowflake, Jan 12, 2009.

1. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

Bodyshock - Series 16 - Half Ton Son - Channel 4

I've been watching this this evening and find it upsetting no one did anything to help this teenager before he got to 60 stone.

Pictured: The teenage boy whose devoted mother overfed him until he ballooned to half a ton | Mail Online

Do you think parents should be reminded about healty eating ?
    Do you think it's the mothers fault her son has put on weight like he has ?

I do believe it's his mums fault. She has seen him putting weight on over the years, But just stood by and fed him hamburgers and doughnuts. Seeing him putting weight on maybe she should have stood back and thought... 'Healthy food':mad::mad::mad:

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's child abuse if you ask me, plain and simple. It's terrible parenting to allow your child to become grotesquely overweight. Nobody will dare touch this though and you'll likely never see any laws where parents can be fined or whatever if their kids are extremely overweight.

If a parent was purposely prohibiting their child from eating and the kid was very underweight and malnourished they would lose their child and people would be disgusted with the parents, but if they let their kid eat bon-bons, pizza, and pop/soda all day long for years and become extremely overweight nobody says anything or would dare blame the parents for bad parenting.

Something is not right there.

3. snowflake

It's just shown you him coming out of hospital afte loosing 25 stone. His first meal his mum cooks him is a hot dog. So i guess it's just wasted everyones time if he's not going to be eating healthy. Maybe right now he should be away from his mother as it seems like she doesn't care !!

4. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

The fact he got this big before something was done is amazing,I agree with Hybrix that this is a form of child abuse,the mother must have had some inkling that what she was doing was slowly killing her son.

8000 calories a day is just impossible to fathom,I cant actually imagine how much that would be in terms of actual foods.
    At least he is getting the help he needs,and maybe someone should look into getting the mother some counselling,she admitted herself she can not say no to her boy.

5. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I'm sorry, but can someone please translate stones into pounds for the wee american girl over here?

6. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Its both of their fault. The son and the mother. The mother for not seeing how unhealthy she made her child, and the son for not getting exercise. It is disgusting. THEIR IS NO SUGAR COATING IT. that is digusting. Stupid on both mother and son.

7. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

Cait - It says he weighs 1/2 a ton (1,000 LBS).

Couldn't agree more. It is child abuse. I think they mother is a freaking dumb shit. And the kid isn't to blame as much, but he needs to start taking responsibility.
    ------
    Also, Cait - you can find weight translators for free online.
    ------
    Also, Cait - you can find weight translators for free online.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  8. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Okay thanks. Yeah, I'm sorry I did not think of that.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I agree.

It's not just because it doesn't "look" good. Parents/guardians have the role to take care of their children's health. Overfeeding or not making steps to change the already unhealthy lifestyle is putting the child at more risk and endangering his life.

10. snowflake

The parent of this child used to 50 stone herself, She knows that feeding her son like that would cause major problems yet she did it. I don't think she deserves to be a parent !! It could kill him.