Body Fat

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Swiftstrike, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

So who actually knows their body fat percentage? Top athletes like Marvin Harrison have less than 1% body fat.

I don't know mine off hand but I never had it measured. If you know your body fat % tell us how you went about finding out or how you did it.

2. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

I've never actually taken the "official" test, but I think I'm about 29% (yeah, I know that's bad, I could be wrong).

The way you find out is to use one of the quick calculators online, or actually go into a doctor or nutritionist and they take you measurments and give you a very exact percentage.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Theres no way your 29% there was this morbidly obese kid at our school that was like 25% and he was like 400 lbs.

Most men are in the teens while women can be in the 20s

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

The only time I ever took a test was back in the 7th grade, and it turned out to be 11.something% less than 1% is like your body not being able to contain heat on its own =/

5. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

I doubt it is less than 1%. Maybe, and probably, I am wrong but I heard it is very unhealthy to have less than x% body fat. Can someone fill in the x? I forgot the number.

6. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Around 3 or 4 I think. Not completely sure.

Mine is prob between 6-8%.

7. Nosferatu_Alucard

Like I said, the internet calculators are unreliable because that's what it said mine was.

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Where's the site where I can calculate my body fat.?

9. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Your Results
    You have 3.5% body fat.
    You have 6.4 Pounds of fat and 176.6 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

I highly doubt that mine is that low, but I doubt it's too far off. Internet ones are accurate only if you know your waist size, hip circumference,ect.

10. Nosferatu_Alucard

Just search for one on Google/Yahoo. There's tons.