body advertising auciton questions

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by LicentiousVenus, Jul 23, 2005.

1. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

I'm wanting to run an auction to advertise on me during my last year of school. This one will probably need a reserve because these auction aren't doing as well as they were before. I was thinking of including a line that says if the winning bid is over 5,000 that i'd do a permanent tat (of coarse pre approved by me)

I was wanting to know if it in accordance with ebay rules to state what the money will be used for. I want to somehow say that i'll be using the money to help pay for my last year of school (tuition and living expenses). How can i word this w/o violating ebay's policies? If you have any other suggestions to make this more successful...please let me know...thanks

2. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

they will yank it if you say that. Which is stupid, why does it make a difference if you say where you spend your own money I'll never understand. You could put a blurb in your about me page about how you're raising money to finish college. For the record, although they've said that was ok, Jen got her about me page yanked for it.

I'd just say something to the effect of "I'm a struggling college student who wants to make my last year of college as memorable as possible. I want to go out with a big bang and take you with me" blah blah. PPL will get what you're saying.

3. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

fairyquadmother....Thanks...that sounds like a great way to approach it. I think i bluntly stated i was going to use the money for college in an auction before...but it wasn't high profile so i guess thats why ebay didn't care....thanks for your input

4. candiem30

candiem30 New Member

wow I didnt know that these body advertising auctions were this popular. Is it likely to go for around $5000?

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Not anymore really, although it's hard to be sure. Only one way to find out. :)