Bobcats Waive Brevin Knight

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I remember a few years ago when he was up there with the leading assist guys in the league. Times change I guess.

3. zunami

zunami Registered Member

That was in the '05-06 season. I didn't know he was that young, he must have some serious injury.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't think that's the reason why they got rid of him, I believe that they have tons of confidence in Felton, he's the point guard of the present and the future for the Bobcats and he's gonig to log a lot of minutes for the Bobcats, so they believe that they didn't need Knight services anymore. But there's going to be a lot of teams interested in him that's for sure.

5. fpwarriors65

fpwarriors65 Guest

He is not a bad basketball player and 6.6 assists a game is pretty damn good in limited minutes that he was getting, if celveland could pick him up they would then have the mold of 1 good point guard in the form of 2 men. The defensive Snow, and the passer Knight

6. zunami

zunami Registered Member

I don't think he should go the Cavs. Snow, Gibson and Knight sharing minutes would make the offense inconsistent and too random which it has been often called. They should get a very good PG who gets the majority of the minutes.

7. fpwarriors65

fpwarriors65 Guest

Well as a Cavs follower for ym entire life, when knight was here he didnt really work out, noone here wants him back, i was being sarcastis saying he has the part of the game that snow doesnt have. However the chances of us getting that very good pg will not come until next year most likely, right now my best bet is they are going to keep the team relatively the same and pray for its own growth. We cant jsut dump Hughes, since his contract is to large and i think he is o the hot seat for that starting job, if gibson can keep fighting that job mgiht end up his at the start of the year, espicially with uncertanity of hughes foot injury

8. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not really surprised to see this. Brevin Knight is a NBA qualified point guard that will easily find another place to play in no time. The Bobcats didn't want to throw Raymond Felton to the wolves in his first few years in the league so they slowly brought him up. Now the Bobcats feel confident enough that Felton can officially take over the job and log 35-40 minutes a game and run the show in Charlotte. Saying that they felt that didn't they had no need to keep another starter in Brevin Knight so they let him loose. Which is also a good thing for Brevin.

9. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

It was really that short of a time? Wow I thought it was back a few years more than that atleast.

10. G-Force

G-Force Guest

We may be trying to free up some space for one more big move. Their has been rumors of Sean may and someone else being traded. After the Kwame incident I can't beleive MJ would morgage the future of another franchise on a quality player that has yet to reach stardom. If we can get enough room to bring Carter in that would be great IMO.