• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bobby Ryan turns down 7 YR extension from Sens

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
From the Sun’s Don Brennan:
Amid unconfirmed rumours Ryan turned down a seven-year, $49 million offer, talks between him and the team have been put on hold.

Ryan, another player the Senators cannot afford to lose for nothing, told a TV reporter he did not want to discuss his contract situation when he was approached at Sensplex Tuesday.
I would turn it down as well...anyways discuss!

StroShow

V.I.P.
When your GM makes it his duty to re-sign the likes of Chris Phillips and Craig Anderson, you have an idea what direction the team is heading. If I was the Senators GM, I would be on the phones and see what I can get for this guy before he walks. Starting over is the best thing this franchise could do right now..they're heading no where fast.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Do you think he see's the contracts Toews and Kane got and thinks $7 M a year is under paid?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
goingtopshelf said:
Do you think he see's the contracts Toews and Kane got and thinks $7 M a year is under paid?
Most likely. Bobby Ryan is a very talented player and I'm sure a team would pay him $9M/year on the open market and he and his agent knows that.

I agree with StroShow. You trade this guy while you can. May upset the fan base once again, but you can get a fairly good return for his talent.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Bobby Ryan wants to hit free agency because by the time he hits free agency, they will know the new cap numbers for next season. He can then use those numbers and adjust his demands accordingly. (Cap goes up really high because this will be the first season with Rogers money).

StroShow

V.I.P.
goingtopshelf said:
Like the boys mentioned, it's a strong possibility that's exactly what he's doing, but going back to my previous thoughts, I strongly believe he turns down a 9 million dollar offer from ottawa! This would be a great time for Eugene Melnyk to prove to its fanbase he's willing to put money into his team with a 8-10 million dollar offer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Unity Wrestling 24
Babe_Ruth Hockey 6
Babe_Ruth Hockey 14
Babe_Ruth Hockey 3
Babe_Ruth Baseball 2