Bob Backlund

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What are your thoughts on Bob Backlund?

I thought he was a great wrestler, he had charisma and knew how to get a reaction from the crowd. I'm surprised he hasn't been inducted in the Hall of Fame.

With that being said I hated the guy, I remember he had a match against Bret Hart and he put him in a Chicken Wing and Backlund didn't want to let go, his parents were in the stands just watching and being concerned about their boy. I hated him so much after that match.

Thoughts?

2. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I thought it was a pretty good gimmick myself.I did however fail to see the point in giving him the belt for just 3 days only for him to lose to Kevin Nash.

3. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i didnt see him when he wrestled in the early 80s as the wwf champion but i did catch his random feud with bret hart in the mid 90s

i hated him too...he was very annoying and bret was the man...

he was a very good wrstler though..

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I remember when Diesel won that match in eight seconds, it was pretty stupid in my opinion as well. I remember watching that match live actually and it was the fastest win in the history of WWF.

I didn't like the gimmick of insane Backlund, that's the time that I really hated him. Other than that I liked the guy, unless he was wrestling Bret Hart that is.

5. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Bob Backlund I can only remember from his suprise entrance into the Royal Rumble 2000 lol....other than that. Nothing much.