• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Boardwalk Empire

Konshentz

Konshentz

Boardwalk Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boardwalk Empire is a period drama focusing on Enoch "Nucky" Thompson (based on the historical Enoch L. Johnson),http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boardwalk_Empire#cite_note-3 a political figure who rose to prominence and controlled Atlantic City, New Jersey during the Prohibition period of the 1920s and 1930s. Nucky interacts with several historical figures in both his personal and political life, including mobsters, politicians, government agents, and the common folk who looked up to him. The government also takes an interest in the bootlegging and other illegal activities in the area, sending agents to investigate possible mob connections but also looking at Nucky's expensive and lavish lifestyle for a county political figure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDyKgRCjf_U

Echoes mentioned it in a different thread, so I DVR'd the first 4 episodes. Just got done watching the first episode. It definitely caught my attention and I will be following this show closely. The only thing that makes me 'ehh' is the time this series takes place. A lot of cool stuff happened then, but still, I've never been a fan.

Who else has seen this? What are your thoughts?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never watch it, because I don't have the time right now, but I'll definitely watch it soon. I heard great things about the show itself. Lots of action, and great storyline.

It's incredible how many good shows HBO put on a year to year basis.

twilitezone911

Registered Member
i have really enjoyed this series, i seen from the beginning, it is a pretty good show! you really have like to the period of time, that show dealing with, i will admitted it is a little bit slow, be patient with it, it is worthy ! when the emmys come out next year, this show will be getting a good handful of emmys !

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have still only see the first episode. "Following closely" might have been the wrong words to use. I have since got caught up in other shows and haven't really had to catch up on this show. I think there has been 8 or 9 episodes so far, so I have 7 or 8 to catch up on. That'll work well for this winter when I'm stuck inside & there is nothing to do.

I still hear great things about it.

Impact

V.I.P.
It just started over here, we just got a brand spanking new channel dedicated entirely to HBO shows. They showed the first episode tonight, and there's another tomorrow.

I too was a little iffy about the time period its set in, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Started a little slow, but it certainly picked up pace later on. As everyone should know by now, I love me some gore so I loved the scenes where people got their brains blown out. Oh, and the midget boxing...completely unexpected but fucking funny all the same. Can't wait for the next episode to air.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have the first 6 episodes DVR'd... but I have no real interest in watching them. It started out slow, got better and then... I don't know... I got bored. It's getting a lot of praise and winning lots of awards... but just not for me, I guess.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've been disappointed with the last couple episodes. What happened to everyone being shot, and the violence. Last week all I had to get me through was someone getting their face slashed, and the week before someone sticking their hand in a shotgun wound. :( It had better pick up soon.

It's not that I every show I watch must be violent, but when you start a season like they did, I expect more.