• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bluetooth cell phones

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm thinking about getting a Bluetooth cell phone. Does anyone else have one, or have any experience with one? I am going to go with Sprint, but right now they only have one phone that is Bluetooth compatible.

It's really cool technology, and isn't too expensive anymore. Any thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
One of my good friends works for Cingular and he knows pretty much everything about cell phones. Unfortunately I don't know anything and my phone isn't that great, so I can't really help you.

Shawk

Registered Member
I dont even have a cell phone.. for a pretty damn good reason, I wont use it.

Friend of mine recently had $200 in bills to pay off his cell phone, mainly because he was in the hospital and that was his only source of entertainment =P

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
www.phonescoop.com

Thats where I go for everything on phones. I currently have the Samsung MMa700. My next phone will definately be either a palm or mobile pc phone. I need the interent and palm or pocket pc features waayyy too much.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Just picked up a Samsung SGH-D500C and I have to say that thing is hott. It has blue tooth and I am excited to test it out with the connection of PDA to phone as well as transfering files to and from my pc.

I have actually never used blue tooth before, but that will change very soon. And also, what phone did you end up deciding on???

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Shawk said:
Friend of mine recently had $200 in bills to pay off his cell phone, mainly because he was in the hospital and that was his only source of entertainment =P
You'd think that at some point during his calls, one of his friends could have come down to entertain him. :-/

There's no charge for playing those little game things on the cell phone are there??? like snake and stuff

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
No, I don't think there's a charge for playing games, unless you bought them, like ringtones. It's pretty dumb how you have to pay for text messaging and stuff. Text messages are stupid anyway.

Wrecked

Registered Member
what exactly is bluetooth? is it the ability to go on the net? if so make sure to check out the billing is for the internet on each plan. some plans have it paid for for a certain amount of minutes, others are unlimited, and others are by the minute use.

and if you have a friend that works at a cellphone place, goto them. cause they can either hook you up on a deal/plan, or they'll be able to give you some free accessories for the phone.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I don't think text messages are stupid. Sometimes it's cheaper to write a message then to use up minutes. Plus, it's fun sometimes to send out a fun text to people.

Anyone ever subscribe to those Joke things that's been on TV? You subscribe and you get a joke texted to you daily? I always wonder how that stuff works. It boggles my mind.

I used to have a Sprint cellphone over 4 years ago. It was pretty crappy and I wasn't impressed. I just got a Tracphone a few months ago, and so far I have been happy with it. It uses multiple towers, so I've been able to get good signals when others couldn't pick up anything. That fact probably doesn't mean much to everyone in the city, but where I live, it's a big deal. We don't have great coverage up here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mirage General Discussion 5
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 12
sunrise Technology 2
ExpectantlyIronic Bathroom Wall 0
M Technology 0