Blues acquire Halak from Montreal

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blues acquire Halak from Montreal - NHL.com - News

Glad I beat Millz to it, this shocked me when my brother told me. I didn't expect him to be traded after that performance he had in the playoffs. I guess they really, really like Price. Personally I wanted Price all along.

So Millz, tell me about these two players were getting, did you rob Halak from us?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
WOW...really? I am shocked and excited at the same time. Chris Mason...seeya later haha.

It makes me nervous because he's a restricted FA and is going to get paid.

I dont know anything about Ian Schultz to be honest but Lars Eller is very good. He's a former #1 pick out of Denmark and has a bright future IMO.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he'll ask for about 4.5 million a year, I'm not sure of your current cap space but you guys should be able to pay him if you traded for him.

I heard of Eller a few times, but never actually seen him play. I wonder if he's going to battle for a roster spot next season. Maybe if we get rid of Sergei Kostitsyn he might.

Still shocked that this was done before Draft day.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Eller was going to make the Blues this year...I'm sure he was in our plans, at least.

I am shocked still. I was at work and I overheard someone say the Blues traded for a Montreal goalie and I thought it was going to be Price and not Halak. Kind of surprised the Habs are going with Price over Halak when Halak has proven himself in the playoffs and Price hasn't.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not extremely surprised that they kept Price because they invested a lot in him. But I'm surprised that they traded Halak, I thought they would play the goalie that is playing the best like this did last season.

But Halak did say that he would want to get traded if he wasn't going to be the number one goalie right away. Now this is the second time that Price as been told that he's the goalie of the future, first is when they traded Huet and now Halak. Come on Price prove us that you can be a dominant goalie in this league.