Blue screen WTF?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Hanzo_Hattori, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

I came home from school today looking for a nice weekend but once I turned on my PC the screen just went blue!! WTF!

I then got it to the loading screen but then it just went blue again!

I don't know what to do :(

I'm house bound and addicted to the PC and internet! D:

Help?

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

you gotta read what the errors are to know whats the matter. did you catch any of them?

3. Hanzo_Hattori

The PC is few years old and i didn't install anything new on it recently ):

4. Blueyes

your boot files must be corrupt, try doing a repair using the install CD

although I gotta say I've never had luck repairing anything with those cds and thats why I keep an extra copy of my hard drive around lol

5. Hanzo_Hattori

I....lost the disks ): but i have really important files on a USB and on the PC is alot of damn files like MP3's and game saves D:, I'm fucked!

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

yeah that blue screen of death is not something anyone wants to have to deal with. I had one a couple months back and ended up having to completely replace my hard disk. Either way I ran some searches and this is what I came up with on an Unmountable Boot Volume

Could be wrong but I know most of the blue screens give you instructions to follow, and if those dont work well then you can either take the Hard drive to an IT pro and sometimes they can restore your info or you can just say good riddance and start all over.

7. Blueyes

Find someone with a copy of XP and just reinstall XP onto your drive. You don't loose files because you aren't formatting the disk. That's how I go from one motherboard to another when mine fry.

8. lolacherry

lolacherry Registered Member

i remember we had an error like this in work before and im sure it was to do with something becoming loose attached to the hard drive - have you kicked it or dropped it?

9. KiethBlackLion

KiethBlackLion Registered Member

Argh, matey. You've receive ye blue screen of death. Prepare thine home for the receiving of Davy Jones and pack for a trip to his locker.

Sorry, your post just reminded of the black spot from various pirate legends.

10. Hanzo_Hattori

After 5 hours of trying to get it to work and on phone help

I just went "FUCK IT!, I'll try this!", I got it working annnnnnd now i got an internetless PC!