Blue screen WTF?

I came home from school today looking for a nice weekend but once I turned on my PC the screen just went blue!! WTF!

I then got it to the loading screen but then it just went blue again!

I don't know what to do :(

I'm house bound and addicted to the PC and internet! D:

Help?

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your PC

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this i the first time you've seen this spot error screen restart and if it starts again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed, if this is a new installation , ask your hard/software manufacturwer for any updates

If the problem continue, disable or remove any newl installed hard/software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart you PC, Press F8 to select advance setup options and then select safe mode

Techy Info:
*** STOP: 0X000000ED (0X86F2E9E0, 0XC0000006, 0X0000000)
The PC is few years old and i didn't install anything new on it recently ):

Blueyes

Registered Member
your boot files must be corrupt, try doing a repair using the install CD

although I gotta say I've never had luck repairing anything with those cds and thats why I keep an extra copy of my hard drive around lol

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
yeah that blue screen of death is not something anyone wants to have to deal with. I had one a couple months back and ended up having to completely replace my hard disk. Either way I ran some searches and this is what I came up with on an Unmountable Boot Volume

This can be the result of several problems:

1. You are using a 40 conductor cable instead of an 80 conductor UDMA/ATA100/133 ribbon cable... and is the most common cause.
2.The file systems is damaged and cannot be mounted or booted. A repair install or a full format and reinstall may be required.
3. The BIOS settings are configured for the faster UDMA drive, and you are using a slower drive. Load the Fail-Safe settings then reactivate the most frequently used options such as USB support.

If the second parameter (0xbbbbbbbb) of the Stop error is 0xC0000032, then the file system is damaged. Usually you can repair this by restarting your computer to the Repair Console, then use chkdsk /r to repair the volume. Once you have repaired the volume, carefully inspect your hardware to determine the reason for the file system damage.

You can find good information with document q297185 at the Microsoft knowledgebase site www.microsoft.com.
Could be wrong but I know most of the blue screens give you instructions to follow, and if those dont work well then you can either take the Hard drive to an IT pro and sometimes they can restore your info or you can just say good riddance and start all over.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Find someone with a copy of XP and just reinstall XP onto your drive. You don't loose files because you aren't formatting the disk. That's how I go from one motherboard to another when mine fry.

lolacherry

Registered Member
i remember we had an error like this in work before and im sure it was to do with something becoming loose attached to the hard drive - have you kicked it or dropped it?

KiethBlackLion

Registered Member
I came home from school today looking for a nice weekend but once I turned on my PC the screen just went blue!! WTF!

I then got it to the loading screen but then it just went blue again!

I don't know what to do :(

I'm house bound and addicted to the PC and internet! D:

Help?
Argh, matey. You've receive ye blue screen of death. Prepare thine home for the receiving of Davy Jones and pack for a trip to his locker.

Sorry, your post just reminded of the black spot from various pirate legends.

After 5 hours of trying to get it to work and on phone help

I just went "FUCK IT!, I'll try this!", I got it working annnnnnd now i got an internetless PC!