Blue Jays vs Angels official thread 17/05/06

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, May 17, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Jays were trailing by just one run in the third inning when Vladimir Guerrero came to bat with a runner on first base and one out. Left-hander Ted Lilly went ahead in the count, one ball and two strikes, and then fed the Angels right fielder a curve that started about shoulder high and entered the Guerrero danger zone. The result was Guerrero's 10th home run of the season and second in his career against Lilly in 12 at-bats. It also gave the Angels a 3-0 lead. Toronto cut into the three-run deficit with two runs in the sixth. Aaron Hill reached base on center fielder Chone Figgins' error and scored on an Alex Rios' double to straightaway center. Rios advanced to third on a flyout to center and scored on a wild pitch by Angels starter Ervin Santana. Lilly (4-3) absorbed the loss, although the Angels blistered the Jays bullpen for four runs in the sixth inning to give Santana (4-1) much more breathing room.

2. The Jays need to upgrade their bullpen. Other than BJ, I don't have much faith in anyone in there.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well Justin Speir is pretty good this year, he hasn't allowed a lot of runs, but a lot of the others aren't reliable, and I agree we need to upgrade our bullpen.