• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Blue Jays sign Kendrys Morales

TheRealVJ

Registered Member
Welp..... so much for Edwin Encarnacion returning. Jays signed Kendrys Morales on a 3-year $33 million dollar deal. Honestly, this is very good value for a hitter of Morales' calibre. Switch hitter, has really good pop. Crushed 30 homers at Kauffman stadium, which is not necessarily a homer-friendly ball park. Obviously he's not going to replicate Edwin Encarnacion, but he's certainly a worthwhile option making $14 million less.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Jon Morosi tweeted earlier this afternoon that despite the Jays signing Kendrys Morales, Edwin Encarnacion's agent says that Edwin is still talking to Ross Atkins and is still willing to stay in Toronto. My guess is that it's gonna depend on how much money the Red Sox will offer him to take David Ortiz's spot on the roster.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
For the money, it's a good deal, but I don't have major confidence that he can keep up the type of offence he's shown over the last few years. It's weird.

None the less, they can still afford Edwin, and I hope they give him the money he and his agent are asking.