Blu-Ray Wins Format War

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Doc, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Format War: Toshiba Kills HD DVD, Official

Time for me to get my hands on a PS3.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Awesome news. I was realy hoping Blu-Ray would win. I wasn't going to buy anything until the official word came out. I'm glad I don't own a bunch of HD-DVD's and a HD-DVD player now. :D

I'll be looking to get myself a PS3 now as well.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

That's great, HD-DVD will be gone soon and I won't have to read tech ads knowing just how retarded it is to try and throw people off making HD not stand for high definition but instead it stands for high density.

I was waiting for one of them to win as well because I didn't want to have expensive and new but obsolete technology that I suddenly had no use for.

Glad to see that it's officially over now, but it was pretty much sealed when WB stopped making HD DVD movies like a month ago.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  4. mist3r_j3sus

mist3r_j3sus Registered Member

damn... I just got rid of my PS3.... I regret that now!

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

well you can always get another one.

so does anybody agree with me yet that maybe extra features (such as a disc movie player) do help video game consoles sell, I know a lot of people that are planning to get PS3 now just because Blu-Ray won.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I don't know how long it'll take for me to get a PS3, but I do know that I'm going to be sad that I have to work on replacing my DVD collection already. We need a universal format, and we need it now.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Or you could just wait and buy a standalone blu-ray player for cheaper than a PS3. I hope everyone who buys a PS3 for the blu-ray at least has an HDTV. Otherwise they're retarded.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well it would make sense if somebody was planning on getting an HDTV down the line. That way they will have their movies in the optimum format already.