Blu-Ray or HD-Dvd

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
I just want to you know your thoughts on which will win the format war. I personally think blu-ray has an edge because of the Ps3 but I know I will not get one until there is a winner. What's your thoughts.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I won't rebuy any of my DVD's on Blu-Ray or HD-DVD, but I'd like to see Blu-Ray take the cake in this race. Blu-Ray technology is superior to HD-DVD and the discs hold more information.

It makes no sense for HD-DVD to come out on top. I refuse to buy any of them until one is declared the standard though.

VonDutch

Registered Member
In the early 80's it was Beta VS VHS. I remember my mom paid like $800 for a Beta machine, lol. I agree with you all, just wait and see who wins

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
I know it is a pain in teh butt to wait. My dad has a HD Projector and I would love to get chip in wiht my siblings to get him a Nice next-gen player but I would not want to waste my money if it comes out to be that it doesnt become the standard.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeah, it's not worth the cash to blow on a player that you can't even garuntee that they're still going to be making movies for it in three years.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
It's definitely worth the wait,

PS3 has Blu-Ray

XBOX360 has the HD-DVD

Both of them have great sponsors but personally I think that HD-DVD will come out on top just because it is sponsored by XBOX which is definitely more popular than PS3 because it is much less expensive.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
well dave xbox you need to buy a 200 dollar add on to play those dvd's but ps3 you can just play out of the box. I think that is why bluray will win and ps3 will make a comeback in a couple of years. IF you are going to buy a nex-gen dvd player might as well get a video game console with it for the same price.