• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Blogging for profit?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been saying for months now that I planned to start blogging. Well yesterday I finally made the leap and set up two blogs.

I am planning on updating these quite a bit, and have placed a few ads on them to see how profitable they can become within a months time.

The two blogs I started yesterday are:

National Inquisitor

Greasy PC

Please let me know what you think of these, and feel free to post your own blogs here and whether or not you blog for fun, for profit, or both.

As for me, I have found it to be pretty fun so far. Right now I'm blogging just for fun, but as I mentioned, I plan to turn a profit after a month.

I'll post how it goes.

Penguin

Registered Member
I've been doing personal blogging for some time now, but never, ever had any sort of profit from it. That's probably because it's personal, and therefore not of interest to anyone who doesn't *know* me LOL

trick_r_treat

Yeah, I'm kind of curious about how to blog for profit. I know there are some people who probably get paid to do it for celebrities. Or i guess if you are trying to sell something on your blog.....

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just started another blog. I think I could get used to this. :)

Money Complex

This one will cover some of what I do on a day to day basis to make money online. It should be interesting to any of you looking to go into business full time for yourself online. :)

Python

Sssssuper Platinum ******
I had one on CuteNews and jumped to WordPress but could never find the time to update it daily like I wanted to I Eight-Six it. Maybe I'll do it weekly and write my material ahead of time so when my deadline arrives all I have to do is copy, paste and post.

Are these running on WordPress? If so, you did an awesome job for its a bit hard to tell. ;)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes these are running wordpress. I changed up the default feel a bit because I don't like having that "every other blog" look. :)

How long have you been blogging?

Python

Sssssuper Platinum ******
I started blogging a little over 18 months ago. Now that I'm a bit settled on VPS, I may look into it again but make return to CuteNews as I hear they have done some updates.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'd really like to get a blog or two set up, but I doubt anything will ever come of that.