• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Blocking Certain Sections

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's funny because GF has a HUGE wrestling section compared to every other topic discussed here.

If GF were a world map, the Wrestling section here would be all of Asia. That's how tilted the number of wrestling posts per day are compared to everywhere else. :lol:

The hard part to believe about that is that I have become so good at mentally blocking out the wrestling threads that I sometimes forget it is even being discussed here. :D

And yeah, I can look into this for a few other sections. I don't think many people would want to hide certain sections COMPLETELY though as PC was talking about. I mean, I block Sub-Talk from Latest Posts but I still like to be able to go in there now and then and take a dump.

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, but like for wrestling, I hate the sport. It doesn't interest me whatsoever, there is less chance of me ever liking wrestling than there is of me getting a sex change, so I really wouldn't want to, as you so nicely put it, go in there and take a dump. Plus it will clear up any confusion I have with those STUPID Impact threads that are in there that get me every freaking time. It would also save those thread creators the negs I give them for my confusion.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I support the idea of being able to block certain sections from showing up in new posts. I personally wouldn't use the feature very often (or at all) but I can see the benefits for other members.

Honestly, I think a lot of people would end up cutting MD out from showing up. I know some people don't post in the Intro. section, either.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I would really love to block the MD section myself, I hate that section with all my heart.

Seriosly I don't think that's a bad idea although like someone said, I like seeing new posts in threads up at the top that I don't normally frequent just in case something about it peaks my interest.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
This is a pretty awesome idea.

Do it, Brix.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I think BabeRuth is purposely posting a lot of Wrestling posts as payback for every subtalk posts made. :lol:

I'd love a block section feature too although it's mostly so that I don't feel like I have a lot of forums that I have to read (OC).