• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Blocking Certain Sections

Impact

V.I.P.
I know there is an option to block out subtalk from appearing in the new posts place, but is there a way we could block out other sections, more specifically the wrestling section? I hate that section as much as BR hates SubTalk, and i'm pretty sure there are a few others who would love the ability to ignore it, and other places too.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
Yeah I don't like wrestling and I don't see myself posting in there, it would be good to be able to do what impz has suggested.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I think that this is a good idea for the fact that I don't care much for the Sub Talk section.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that this is a good idea for the fact that I don't care much for the Sub Talk section.
Sub-Talk can currently be blocked (in your options). So far I haven't made a way to block other sections though. I can look into it. I hardly ever post in the wrestling section (less than 10 posts ever I am guessing) and to be honest I've just learned to ignore those threads. I don't even think about them anymore and there are quite a few of them apparently. :lol:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I did not know that you could turn off subtalk, despite its previous mentions. I will do so, then. Thanks, brix.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It would definitely be nice to be able to block certain sections from showing up in Latest Posts and New Posts. Definitely agree about Wrestling. There's always like five or six wrestling threads in Latest Posts.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It would definitely be nice to be able to block certain sections from showing up in Latest Posts and New Posts. Definitely agree about Wrestling. There's always like five or six wrestling threads in Latest Posts.
That's because we rule in the wrestling threads. Plain and simple. :p haha

But really, I'm not into everything but I like having everything on display just in case I'm introduced to a new topic I hadn't considered or might have perked my interest.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yeah, I totally agree. I would block sports completely if I could. lol

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love love love the fact people are bitching about the amount of wrestling threads that appear on the main page. Brings so much joy to my heart. Its because wrestling is ridiculously popular...hilarious.

Even with all that said its not a terrible idea of Brix can pull it off. Although I would never use it.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I know nothing about wrestling and those threads drown out the threads I do care about haha. It'd be cool to be able to turn certain sections off.