• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Blizzard bans 100,000 from WoW

dDave

V.I.P.
They discovered that a large number of people were performing automated tasks in World of WarCraft and decided to enforce their rules.

Still. 100,000 people. That's just crazy, gotta be the largest mass banning I've ever heard of. 100,000 is a decently large percentage of their player base and it's especially bad after considering the recent downturn the game has seen.

Could this mark the beginning of the end for WoW?

http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-bans-more-than-100000-world-of-warcraft-accounts/

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They shouldn't have been cheating. No one likes a cheater.

Its not a permanent ban this time so they should consider this a warning and not do it again.

Stego

Registered Member
I played WoW for years. I feel like there should be some joke here about how hard it must have been to tell the difference between the bots and some of the brain-dead players...but 100,000 just makes me think that within this sweep a lot of innocent accounts got trashed.

I feel like WoW has been mismanaged ever since Lich King. Somewhere around there were the first cracks, but I think WoW had its time and is indeed on its way down and out. It's more than fair that the accounts come back and give people a second chance after 6 months.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
That's a big ban but it's not even the biggest one from Blizzard. Back in the oughts they banned over 500,000 people from Battle.net in Diablo II for having pirated versions of the game. Apparently they all had the same CD key.

Good for them for enforcing the rules.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah, good on them for enforcing the rules (including copyright laws). I had never heard of the 500,000 before.

I kinda wish that WoW would end but I'm not sure that day is ever coming. It's a gold mine (no pun intended) for Blizzard.

I want WarCraft IV.

I loved the WarCraft III story but I refuse to play WoW to get a continuation of that story. I want an RTS in the series again. The StarCraft 2 engine is a great place to start.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah, good on them for enforcing the rules (including copyright laws). I had never heard of the 500,000 before.

I kinda wish that WoW would end but I'm not sure that day is ever coming. It's a gold mine (no pun intended) for Blizzard.

I want WarCraft IV.

I loved the WarCraft III story but I refuse to play WoW to get a continuation of that story. I want an RTS in the series again. The StarCraft 2 engine is a great place to start.
Oh man I agree with you 100%. A new Warcraft RTS would be amazing. I grew up playing Frozen Throne and Reign of Chaos on LAN with my friends and it was amazing.