• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Blake Griffin is a stud

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know not a lot of people here at GF watches Basketball, but I have to start a thread about Blake Griffin. The guy is a stud, he's making an impact this season and making a name for himself. He's a double-double machine, he's explosive and his defense is not to bad either. He scored 47 points last night against the Pacers, I know Indiana isn't all that great when it comes to defense, but it's still 47 points by a rookie.

I expected Blake Griffin to have a good rookie season, but by no means I was expecting this kind of outburst, especially after two major surgeries on his knees. I've seen him play about ten times thus far this season, and there's not one game where he's disappointed me. If you guys ever have a chance to watch him, I suggest you do so. He's a very special player, if he keeps practicing and improves his game, he might be the best power forward in the NBA in a few years.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree, the guy is a stud. He has a great workout regimine and has a good work ethic. I thought he'd be a good player but didn't think he'd be this good this fast.

Unfortunately he plays for the worst run professional sports team. I agree, he should be the best power forward in a few years, although it will probably be for someone else. For his sake the sooner the better.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with your sentiments about the Owner of the Clippers, he's gawd awful and I'm not sure why David Stern hasn't done anything about Sterling as of yet.

His work ethic is definitely great, he couldn't do much last year on the basketball court because he was rehabilitating his knees, but he was always on the court sitting on a chair shooting shots, or dribbling two basketball. This young man really loves the game and it shows. He's definitely the best rookie since LeBron James, which is pretty impressive when you think about it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I haven't gotten to see him play yet this year, but I do pay attention to stats and he's putting up monster numbers. I watched him play in college quite a bit. He's just a freak athlete.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He'll be in the dunk contest this season(if he doesn't get injured before then) and I'm really excited to see what he'll do. He said that he's just try to go as high as he can and dunk it as hard as he can. His dunking style reminds me of Vince Carter, he's quick off his feet and he throws it down really hard. I don't believe he'll be able to duplicate what Vince did during the Dunk Contest in 2000, but he'll definitely put on a show for the fans.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Dude. I freaking LOVE Blake Griffin. He will run away with the Rookie of the Year award. I have never been more intrigued by watching a great player on a bad team like I am with Blake. Good for him that he can shine on a team as bad as the Clippers.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Isn't this his second year? Is he still considered a rookie since he missed last season with an injury?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, it's his second year, and since he didn't play one minute last season he's considered a rookie in the NBA. You have to play a certain amount of games till your not considered a rookie anymore. I'm not 100% sure on the amount but I believe it's around the twenty range.

It's pretty safe to say that Blake Griffin will be the rookie of the year this season, unless a drastic injury happens and misses the rest of the year from this point on.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's another incredible play by Blake Griffin.

Blake Griffin Reverse Alley-Oop Dunk Is… | The Big Lead

His body control for his size is incredible. He's a big man that doesn't look like a big man in his movements. Plenty of big, strong posts have been able to jump and run quite well, but few have looked as effortless and natural doing it as Griffin.

When I see a big man this athletic, I just hope he doesn't get a career-altering injury, because the way he is seems too good to be true.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
My favorite Griffin dunk wasn't even a dunk; the one he threw the ball through the hoop.

This guy is a beast and for the first time and maybe ever, you actually have to watch the Clippers (at least a bit) when they are on TV. This dude is unreal; great to watch.