Blah..

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Boredie, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

According to the doctor I got a mild bronchitis.
    I had planned to go to work yesterday but my baby was unwell as well so I stayed home.
    I came into work today since my baby is fine, and because what I've got is mild I didn't think it would be a problem.

But... The air conditioner isn't working and it is freezing!
    I'm wearing my coat and scarf and gloves in order to keep warm and even that's failing to work.

Should I go home, even though I am feeling "ok"? In order not to make what I've got worse, or should I suck it up for the next 1.5 hours?

2. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Bronchitis can be pretty dodgy, so best to get it sorted.
    You should go home. Also, it can be contagious, therefore selfish to be amongst people knowing you can pass it on.

Get much rest. Get well soon.

Bronchitis - Treatment
    :)

3. Boredie

I'm on medication, was given antibiotics.
    Didn't realize it's contagious though. It's only my boss anyway.. :lol:
    I'm surprised the Doc didn't insist I stay at home then.. strange.
    ------
    What the-? I just read the link you posted and according to that I shouldn't even be on antibiotics... :shifteyes:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  4. DinoFlintstone

Sometimes Docs just presume you're going to rest... or sometimes Doctors are just rubbish.

I don't know what their standards are like in your neck o' the woods, but here, they'd insist on rest.

I think it's time to quite the fags, and take-up a new habit. :p
    ------

You've either been to see a Quack, or you fall into the above category.
    The first website I provided is our National Health Service and is extremaly reliable.
    ------
    You should get your backside off home and into bed... wrap-up well and stay there until you are 100% better. Try chicken soup, made with the bones, as that is were the healing properties are, and not the actual meat, though you'll want to add meat for texture and flavour. lol

5. Boredie

I know this. I'm Jewish.
    Chicken Soup is Jewish medication :nod: for such things
    ------
    She's a very good doctor, and she asked if I wanted sick leave, I told her I don't think it was necessary.
    I don't smoke.

she's a great doctor, she's not the type to prescribe medication for nothing. Hmm.. Maybe I missed something.

6. DinoFlintstone