Blah..

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
According to the doctor I got a mild bronchitis.
I had planned to go to work yesterday but my baby was unwell as well so I stayed home.
I came into work today since my baby is fine, and because what I've got is mild I didn't think it would be a problem.

But... The air conditioner isn't working and it is freezing!
I'm wearing my coat and scarf and gloves in order to keep warm and even that's failing to work.

Should I go home, even though I am feeling "ok"? In order not to make what I've got worse, or should I suck it up for the next 1.5 hours?

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
According to the doctor I got a mild bronchitis.
I had planned to go to work yesterday but my baby was unwell as well so I stayed home.
I came into work today since my baby is fine, and because what I've got is mild I didn't think it would be a problem.

But... The air conditioner isn't working and it is freezing!
I'm wearing my coat and scarf and gloves in order to keep warm and even that's failing to work.

Should I go home, even though I am feeling "ok"? In order not to make what I've got worse, or should I suck it up for the next 1.5 hours?
Bronchitis can be pretty dodgy, so best to get it sorted.
You should go home. Also, it can be contagious, therefore selfish to be amongst people knowing you can pass it on.

Get much rest. Get well soon.

Bronchitis - Treatment
:)

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I'm on medication, was given antibiotics.
Didn't realize it's contagious though. It's only my boss anyway.. :lol:
I'm surprised the Doc didn't insist I stay at home then.. strange.
------
What the-? I just read the link you posted and according to that I shouldn't even be on antibiotics... :shifteyes:

Last edited:

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
I'm on medication, was given antibiotics.
Didn't realize it's contagious though. It's only my boss anyway.. :lol:
I'm surprised the Doc didn't insist I stay at home then.. strange.
If you have bronchitis, you know how horrible it can make you feel. You probably feel like the only thing you ever get done is cough, hack, and wheeze. Not to mention the phlegm! Gross, right?

The biggest question on your mind is probably, "Is my bronchitis contagious?" The answer is that acute forms of bronchitis are very contagious and could easily be spread to everyone you come in contact with. Bronchitis is not something you probably want to share.

Bronchitis is broken down into two different types. The first you got acute bronchitis. This is the kind that makes bronchitis contagious, because it is caused by influenza, the common chest cold, or an infection.... .... ....

Is My Bronchitis Contagious?
Sometimes Docs just presume you're going to rest... or sometimes Doctors are just rubbish.

I don't know what their standards are like in your neck o' the woods, but here, they'd insist on rest.

I think it's time to quite the fags, and take-up a new habit. :p
------
What the-? I just read the link you posted and according to that I shouldn't even be on antibiotics... :shifteyes:

Your GP will only prescribe antibiotics if you have an increased risk of pneumonia (an infection that causes inflammation in your lungs), which may be a possibility if:
You are breathing very rapidly.
You have a rapid heartbeat.
You become drowsy or confused.
Your temperature is very high (more than 40ºC, or 104 F), or very low (less than 35ºC or 95 F).
You have an underlying heart or lung condition, such as asthma, emphysema (damage to the small airways in your lungs), congestive heart failure (weakness in the heart, which leads to fluid in your lungs), or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (long-term lung damage).
If you are prescribed antibiotics for bronchitis, it is likely to be a five-day course of amoxicillin, oxytetracycline or doxycycline.
You've either been to see a Quack, or you fall into the above category.
The first website I provided is our National Health Service and is extremaly reliable.
------
You should get your backside off home and into bed... wrap-up well and stay there until you are 100% better. Try chicken soup, made with the bones, as that is were the healing properties are, and not the actual meat, though you'll want to add meat for texture and flavour. lol

Last edited:

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Try chicken soup, made with the bones, as that is were the healing properties are, and not the actual meat, though you'll want to add meat for texture and flavour. lol
I know this. I'm Jewish.
Chicken Soup is Jewish medication :nod: for such things
------
Sometimes Docs just presume you're going to rest... or sometimes Doctors are just rubbish.

I don't know what their standards are like in your neck o' the woods, but here, they'd insist on rest.
She's a very good doctor, and she asked if I wanted sick leave, I told her I don't think it was necessary.
I think it's time to quite the fags, and take-up a new habit. :p
I don't smoke.

You've either been to see a Quack, or you fall into the above category.
The first website I provided is our National Health Service and is extremaly reliable.
she's a great doctor, she's not the type to prescribe medication for nothing. Hmm.. Maybe I missed something.

Last edited: