• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Blackwater guards go on trial

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
WASHINGTON (AP) — After years of delays, four former guards from the security firm Blackwater Worldwide are facing trial in the killings of 14 Iraqi civilians and the wounding of 18 others in bloodshed that inflamed anti-American sentiment around the globe.

7 years later, Blackwater guards go on trial
I'm not really fond of these mercenary soldiers. I guess sometimes they do some good in some places but I think they have no business in a war zone where our military is fighting unless they are under their direction.

This incident really made the world mad at us and probably became the poster child of a terrorist recruiting campaign.

I have no idea if they are guilty or not, hopefully the truth will come out at the trial. With their reputation though it wouldn't surprise me if they are guilty.

You know the Iraqi witnesses story will contradict their stories. Too bad someone didn't get a video of this, that's the only thing that will be believed by both sides.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
7 years? Does anybody even remember what happened and how will they get any evidence? Imo thats too long to wait for a trial and if all they have are witnesses then how will they know if they are telling the truth?
Anyway the damage is already there (about the terrorists) and the trial will only let new terrorists know what happened. And even if they arent guilty then the terrorists wont believe it. They shouldnt send mercenaries to wars unless they follow orders from the army or marines.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
7 years isn't that long, they have tried others 20 years later after the crime. I doubt after the first trial they threw out all the evidence.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems the manager of Blackwater at the time threatened to kill a US State Department investigator. This threat was overheard by another investigator.

They are also blaming Blackwaters conduct as part of the reason why a treaty wasn't reached to allow troops to stay in Iraq after 2011.

Blackwater threatened to kill US official in Iraq: report