Blackhawks in process of trading byfuglien to thrashers

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know they have to clear some cap space, but I didn't expect them to get rin of Byfuglien. He's a big body that loves to stand in front of the net and give the goalies a hard time. He was amazing during their Stanley Cup run. He'll be missed and won't be easy to replace.

Surprise they want to get rid of tough man Ben Eager as well.

Blackhawks in process of trading Byfuglien to Thrashers

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I did read some rumors on ESPN that he was one of the Blackhawks that were being shopped the most. As a Sharks fan, I do not mind this news. Haha.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. Beef

Beef Registered Member

The thing is it comes down to wanting to keep Sharp over Byfuglien and likely Versteeg as well. Buff is a nice player but so inconsistent during the regular season, don't forget heading into the playoffs he was demoted to the third defensive pairing on the blue line. His value was never going to be higher than it was coming off of their stanley cup run. Sopel's days in Chicago were numbered, could not afford to be paying him more than $2 mil a year in that line up and Ben Eager was at least an RFA, maybe even a UFA, so he was going to need to be reupped anyways, and coming off of a Stanley Cup everyone has an inflated sense of value. It was a good deal for the Blackhawks. Look for Reasoner to maybe even replace John Madden who is also a UFA this year. Not as good as Madden but solid defensively, on the PK and in the faceoff circle.