Blackberry vs IPhone

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are some people out there in GF land, moderators, who seem to think I should get the blackberry and not the new IPhone.

So I ask you, the people, which one SHOULD I get?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I am starting to really hate Apple products in general. I'm really biased against them...so I say you should get the Blackberry!

If I were to get a new phone, that is probably what I would go for at the moment...just so I could text message international blackberry users for free. lol

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I had both phones and even though I didn't hate the blackberry(except the small dialing buttons..due to texting) I still prefer the IPHONE better and I only have the 3GS. I think the options on the Iphone is just that much better then Blackberry. The only downfall for the IPHONE IMO is that the battery life is pretty terrible. I have to charge mine everyday, but I do also send 100+ texts a day.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am starting to really hate Apple products in general. I'm really biased against them...so I say you should get the Blackberry!

If I were to get a new phone, that is probably what I would go for at the moment...just so I could text message international blackberry users for free. lol
And there ya go...exactly, haha.

A certain girl, (Rebecca), is supposed to be giving me a list of pros and cons. I asked for it to come across my desk soon...so we'll see what she comes up with. Or, what Bel and Smel told her to say to me haha

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
See, for me...I don't really care about the apps. I've heard that Apple products have better apps and things like that, but to me that is virtually useless. I'm far too lazy to look for those things, download them, and then use them.

Puck

Registered Member
I actually love the buttons on my Blackberry, they're perfect size.

Although, don't put your bb pin up on FACEbook, Rebeccca will add you ASAP, like a huge creeper and bbm you creeper type stuff.

But srsly, I'm loving the Blackberry, it does everything I want it to and more. I've heard great things about the iPhone, I know lots of people that have one, but personally, the BBM feature for texting internationally sort of put it over the top. Plus, my monthly bill isn't a crazy amount, it's basically the same as before, even though I switched my data plan and such.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blackberry's main competitive point is in internet and email usage, when iphone gets web pages they get the straight page with little to no compression thereby making it fairly easy to go through 500 MB to 1GB a month and still going over. Where as BB compresses pages and there are a lot of pages that have BB specific pages which turn bandwidth heavy pages into small KB sized pages. I have yet to use more than 200MB in a month and I'm on my internet all the time.

Puck

Registered Member
Oh, I love that about the BB. I mean, I've only had mine a few days, but the fact that I'm paying less but getting more internet usage is really cool.
I've only been on my laptop once since I got the phone, hah

Blueyes

Registered Member
We end up having this same conversation over on crackberry.com on a daily basis. You have to make a list of what YOU personally need and then see which device would be beneficial to you.

My reasons are as such:
I despise touch screens so any touchscreen is out of the window for me.
I need push email.
I need to be able to integrate multiple calendars.
I need wifi to tap into our works secured wifi and at home for that matter cuz its faster.
Multitasking is supreme and I can run multiple apps at one time without it bogging down on the 9700.
I use all of my 50 something apps so there is no lack of them on the BB either.