Blackberry Apps

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
As a noob to Blackberry, I was wondering if you could tell me which apps are your favorites, most used, or ones that I must have?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I don't really use much outside of facebook, yahoo messenger, a weatherapp called weathereye and aim messenger. Otherwise I just use the ones that came on my phone.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
HAHA, ok I'll just repeat some of what I've told you (alien language) yesterday:

FB for BB
Google Synch (coz my BB is linked to my gmail and google calendar and contacts)
Google Maps (gps on ur phone)
ym for BB

That's what I think is useful for you.

Others nice to have:
the Color ID (led light changes color according to whoever sends u a msg)
I think the other girls in DA group have other apps for this
I also have whatsapp, not that much useful as other apps coz I just talk to one person (Alt) there - it's for BB-iphone messaging.

I have twitter for bb, Voxofon (allows me to call abroad for very cheap rate thru my phone - like not even a cent to make US calls, and deducted on my local minutes plan), Tripcase (coz I travel a lot so it update me on flight status, etc.)

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh thanks Ysabel. That makes a lot more sense now that I have been navigating around. lol

Are most of these apps free? I found a Texas Hold'em 3 but it was $5. Is that the one that you use?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have a Texas Hold 'Em that came with the phone.

I have mlb app (baseball) AP app (assoc. press) TIME, USA Today, weatherchannel, CNN Money, and dictionary.com apps that were all free

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My apps are mostly sports applications, but I also have google app, weather app and like Ysabel I have Twitter.

I got Texas Hold Em for free on my phone too.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
If you want games... Just Search "Gold Thumb" in the Blackberry App World. Those are some of the funnest games I've found for my Blackberry. It has Connect 4, Battleship, Blackjack, and a few others... but basic games like that.

I use Skype Mobile ALOT.

These the the list of Apps I use pretty much on a Daily/Weekly basis, I think 99% of them are Free;

-Scanner Radio (Police Transmitter)
-Google Maps
-Xenozu (Youtube Viewer)
-Opera Mini (Replacement for the Internet explorer)
-The Weather Channel
-Pandora (Music Player for Random Musics)

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Do you know if there are any apps for TV Shows? Such as selecting what shows you watch and it telling you when new episodes air?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Oh thanks Ysabel. That makes a lot more sense now that I have been navigating around. lol

Are most of these apps free? I found a Texas Hold'em 3 but it was $5. Is that the one that you use?
Everything I listed is free except the whatsapp (trial period only - but I'm not renewing it anyway coz I rarely use it) and as for voxofone, I have to have credit there but it's so cheap like 6usd allows me 600 minutes of call time, ha.

I already have poker on my BB installed so it's free.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I downloaded the whatsapp thing and couldn't figure out how to use it. I'm going to delete it if it's not free, though.