• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Blackberry 9900

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
At the moment I am having problems the speaker on my Blackberry where the sound is very fuzzy and I can barely hear it, I have spoken with Carphone Warehouse and have been told sending it off to Rim could take atleast a month. Now I have been thinking of getting a new phone for some time anyway and I want to continue using a Blackberry mainly because of BBM and BBMGroups.

Has anyone here used or owned the 9900? I am not fussed about the touch screen, if anything I don't see the point (which is why I am not going to the 9860) but having used the new OS I really like it and I am torn between the Bold 9900 and the Torch 9810, I like the keyboard of the 9900 but I like the bigger screen and the keyboard of the 9810.

Does anyone have experience of both? Does one stand out over the for you? I also apologize for changing my BBM pin for the third time in a year :D

Impact

V.I.P.
I like the new OS much better than OS6. However, if you don't like touch screen, or aren't fussed about it, don't go with the torch. It can be a little slow at times, although with the recent update it has improved. I don't really have any complaints with the torch, and I can't compare it to the new Bold. I was a Curve user before the Torch. I do miss the keypad though.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I was due an upgrade so I got the Bold 9900 last week. It's perfect for me because I'm not a big touchscreen fan either but I do like to use it from time to time, so it's nice to have the best of both worlds and both screen and keypad are a nice size for me. I like everything else about the phone, too. It's not too different from my old one, just feels a bit more updated and fresh.

No comparison with the Torch 9810, never seen it, sorry.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have to admit I pretty much had my mind set on the 9900. I am right in thinking you had the 9300 before? What is it is like in comparison to speed of basic use as well as internet usage? The Torch seems to have a better processor and a different OS but I am assuming that is easily upgradable, I think I am going to have a play with a 9900 tomorrow, as I am in a one month rolling contract with Tesco and can therefore cancel anytime I wish to I am not tied down.

What is the camera like on the 9900 and have you noticed if the battery life is any better?

Cheers bex :)

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I had the 9700 before, so not too much of a difference. I would have been happy just getting that phone again (only needed replacing because a few features were a bit screwed up), so I don't mind that it's not very different.

The camera is really good and the battery life was great on my 9700 and appears to be the same on the 9900. I never had to worry about bringing a charger anywhere unless I was going to be away from home for the whole day, early morning to evening.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I ended up going for the 9810 in the end Bex and honestly I am so pleased I did, I love having the bigger screen and honestly I think if I had the 9900 I wouldn't use the screen due to the small nature of it and the keyboard being right there.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Glad you like it! Yeah, I am definitely finding I don't really use the screen much at all with this phone. Doesn't bother me but it does seem kinda pointless to have it if you're not going to use it.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
The one thing I will say is despite having the keyboard I still use the qwerty, I have tried to use the onscreen keyboard and it still annoys me. I know people mock the Blackberry but i do think the keyboards on phones like HTC, Samsung & Apple are horrible.