• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Blackadder

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Let's talk Blackadder, because it is absolutely fabulous.

And if you think otherwise, then you are a fornicating baboon.

--- Also would like to talk about British comedy in general, especially the older stuff (Porridge, Steptoe, Rising Damp, Open All Hours, The Young Ones, Only Fools and many many more) - But particularly Blackadder, because it's my favourite.

Reactions: Doc

Impact

V.I.P.
I've only watched one episode of Blackadder. Back when Mr. Bean was not Mr. Bean and was actually funny. And Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie <3

As for those other you mentioned, I used to really enjoy Steptoe & Son, and absolutely freaking loved Only Fools and Horses.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I love Blackadder. I have 2 of the 4 series on DVD as they are my favourite ones, and that's Blackadder II and Blackadder Goes Forth. His insults etc are amazing. I wish I could remember some of them off the top of my head, lol.

Others I like are Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf, Bottom, and pretty much all the ones that you listed.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Red Dwarf is brilliant, and pretty well acted. I remember the episode in which Lister is reduced to eating Dog Food (It being better than a Pot Noodle) - Craig Charles, and Chris Barrie's faces as he prepares to put it in is priceless, and Lister's tortured expression afterwards too. One of my favourite episodes that.

And Steptoe was fantastic.

Another comedy I like, although a little tedious in places, is 'On the Buses' - I just can't get my head around Stan Butler's pathetic behaviour, and Arthur constant berating of his wife Olive is absolutely hilarious, and usually well delivered. Cracking show.

Impact

V.I.P.
I need to watch Red Dwarf all over again. I remember when I was a kid, there was an episode that gave me nightmares for literally years. (I was like 6). It was the episode where they find that being thing frozen in a lump of ice, and it defrosts while on their ship and begins walking around. Every night I used to check under my bed to make sure it wasn't there, and even then i'd do a flying leap to get on it. No boogeyman for me, just some half frozen character from Red Dwarf.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I need to watch Red Dwarf all over again. I remember when I was a kid, there was an episode that gave me nightmares for literally years. (I was like 6). It was the episode where they find that being thing frozen in a lump of ice, and it defrosts while on their ship and begins walking around. Every night I used to check under my bed to make sure it wasn't there, and even then i'd do a flying leap to get on it. No boogeyman for me, just some half frozen character from Red Dwarf.
Ha I think I know what you're on about. It's the one with the Epideme Virus. The frozen woman reanimates and kisses Lister to pass on the virus before dying. Dying because the virus is no longer in her, but in Lister.

"Am I all right? I've just be molested by Tutankhamun's (SP) horny Grandma..." First time I saw that I was on the floor laughing, still could be now. Although, at a young age I can see where the scariness may come from. The frozen woman looks pretty damn weird.

Impact

V.I.P.
Ha I think I know what you're on about. It's the one with the Epideme Virus. The frozen woman reanimates and kisses Lister to pass on the virus before dying. Dying because the virus is no longer in her, but in Lister.

"Am I all right? I've just be molested by Tutankhamun's (SP) horny Grandma..." First time I saw that I was on the floor laughing, still could be now. Although, at a young age I can see where the scariness may come from. The frozen woman looks pretty damn weird.
Yes, it's that exact episode! I wasn't even meant to be watching it, but I snuck out of my room and hid behind the couch :lol: That'll teach me. I've rewatched them all since then, and it's not even remotely scary now

Last edited: