black luster soldier - envoy of the beginning Monday, June 5th 2006

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by lavoidgaskins, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

This will be a time period that I'll take to discuss each and every banned card and as to why it's where it is, as well as why it has a chance of coming back.

[​IMG]

Okie people love it or hate it the Soldier is not a good thing for the game. As much as I love the soldier, it's a little to broken to be back. When it was around it was a win condition for to many. Just look what Team Comic Odyssey was able to do with this thing for the year it was around. Trust me people it's not a good thing. If you thought the sorcerer was bad you don't know what bad it.

Being able to remove face down give this guy playability that almost no card has. That simple fact about him gives him powers that no other card has. Also he has another nasty effect that will let him attack twice. With 3000 he can clear the board with no ease. Damn I love thinking about the old days, but it's not worth it.

Traditional: 5/5
    Advanced: Banned/5

Or on the other hand I could let my cc side come out and do this:

[​IMG]

Here is the card that nearly killed the game. For an entire year people ran this overly powered monster in just about every deck. If you thought chaos is a problem now you have no idea as to what was going on back in the day. Peoples decks were literal 34-36 cards set because this thing was around. The other 4-6 were personal picks.

Seriously though this card is one of the most broken cards in the game and got it self a one way banned that will probably never be uplifted due to watered down versions. Such versions are Demise, King of Armageddon and Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo - Deadalus. Aside from these watered down versions and the seer abuse it was under this card it will for ever and alwayZ be one of the best cards.

I remember back in the old goat control days I was playing against a dragon deck and my opponent was able to get Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8 out on me. Things were looking gloom, but I was able to top deck the oh mighty soldier and turn things around. First I removed the Dragon. Then with it's broken effects I removed every thing off the field one by one either face up or face down. Finally I went in for the kill.

Awwwwww the memories. If you come back I'll run you once again even if you kill the game.

Traditional: 5/5
    Advanced: Banned

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of The Beginning Thursday, June 5th 2006

I hate this card because it did kill the game for me. At my store where I used to play, three kids started playing cookie cutter decks they got from the internet and slowly everyone stopped coming to the store because they'd win all the time and tried to pass the decks off as their own ideas.

Yes, it did kill the game and yes, it is an amazing card.

3. lavoidgaskins

Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of The Beginning Thursday, June 8th 2006

Lol, now thats funny. If it was that much of a problem you people could have just step up your skill and build a well prepared side deck for them. After all they probaly were furnable to Last Turn and Burn.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

There was plenty of skill, it was merely the fact that these kids were copying the highest quality CC they could. Not to mention, I don't have enough disposable income so I could just "poof" myself a workable sidedeck. I kinda go to college and have a job that come first.

5. lavoidgaskins

I understand that, believe me I do. But to me cards are easy to get so I had my soldier and I ran it along whit every one else. Though when some ones was to much of a problem I would just side deck. Getting cards like Solem Judgment, Waboku, and Kycoo aren't that hard after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.