• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Black Lives Matter

dDave

V.I.P.
It's about time we get to discussing this.

Take a look at their website. https://blacklivesmatter.com/

Bear in mind I want to discuss Black Lives Matter as an organization, not the statement.

I see a bunch of radical leftist, even marxist, stances being taken by the organization. They appear to be racist, bigoted, hateful, extremists. They're basically a political party and north of 50% of Americans support them. How any morally upright person can support the agenda they're pushing is beyond me. It's so far gone from anything reasonable, I can only call it morally depraved.

I get that people believe "black lives matter". As a statement, that's absolutely true, morally upright, and no reasonable person believes otherwise. With the way it’s being presented you’d think racism is completely rampant in America.

Let's talk about BLM as an organization and not a statement.

Ready. Set. Go.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Of course black lives matter, all lives do but I don't see how anyone can support the direction they have taken. Violence doesn't solve problems it creates more.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I do not support BLM because:

1. They are racists and hateful.

2. They are a mob and believe in the mob mentality. They bully people into submission.

3. They support Planned Parenthood.

4. Money donated to them gets funneled to the DNC. It does not go to black lives. It goes to a political party.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So. Yeah. I'm changing my password to something completely random and logging out of PM. Forever.

This thread is beyond racist and out of line. After nearly 20 years this is where I draw the line.

Goodbye.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Too bad. But not surprising. Everything is now beyond racist. The most popular movie of all time, racist. The most popular brand of syrup, racist. Cream of wheat, racist. Not kneeling when the anthem is played, racist.

_--------------

Planned parenthood declaring their mission is to exterminate blacks and then achieving great success, not racist.

I give up. The world is completely upside down.

dDave

V.I.P.
So. Yeah. I'm changing my password to something completely random and logging out of PM. Forever.

This thread is beyond racist and out of line. After nearly 20 years this is where I draw the line.

Goodbye.
I think you really misunderstood the point being made in thIs thread. I have absolutely no problem at all with “Black Lives Matter” as a statement. Heck, I agree with it.

I have a lot of problems with the political agenda of the organization of Black Lives Matter. It’s extremely bad, you should read their stances. The statement and the organization are two entirely separate things. I support one and reject the other.

The thread is absolutely not racist. I get how is sounds bad for me to say that I don’t support Black Lives Matter. The shock factor is really high on that but stop and think about what that means. It means I don’t support their [the organizations] agenda and ideology which I would argue is ultimately not really about helping Black people Or ending discrimination. I’m not a racist, I never have been, and I have no issues with anyone for racial reasons. As far as I can tell, no one else responding to this thread so far is a racist either.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Absolutely Dave, OF COURSE Black Lives Matter. Those in charge of the movement though are corrupt. To claim it’s racist to point that out is, well for lack of a better word, stupid. I make the same claims about Raza Unida Party, and LULAC. Many make the same claims about the Republican and Democrat parties. How it’s not racist to say that about Republicans but it is when you say it about BLM is incredibly ignorant.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Too bad. But not surprising. Everything is now beyond racist. The most popular movie of all time, racist. The most popular brand of syrup, racist. Cream of wheat, racist. Not kneeling when the anthem is played, racist.

_--------------

Planned parenthood declaring their mission is to exterminate blacks and then achieving great success, not racist.

I give up. The world is completely upside down.
It’s not surprising at all. He, like so many on this planet, expect people to walk on eggshells and not point out the obvious. To apologize for something somebody didn’t even do. I’m not ever doing that shit.

Funny thing is, I had an interesting conversation with a cop today. I actually told him cops themselves are to blame for a lot of the backlash that’s going on. I told him I understand why a lot of black people are pissed off and tired, and I can tell you as a poc cops harass minorities.

But my post above is NOT about black people, and only a moron would take it that way. My post is about those in charge of the movement. They tore down a statue of Gen. Grant. You know, the Union General who defeated the south And went after the kkk as POTUS. If you think this is about the Confederacy or racism, you need adult supervision. Same thing if you think Al Sharpton gives two shits about the Floyd family.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
There's a story to circulating today about a white woman running down a BLM protester. The news edited the video to not show her being punched and being threatened with a gun.

We're being lied to everyday in order to create the emotions that the world is full of racist and a revolution is needed.