• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Black Friday

Dabs

Registered Member
Does anyone have plans to get up early and hit the stores on Friday...the day after Thanksgiving??
I know my son and his wife used to do that stuff...and they would recruit my youngest son to go with them...and when some store would have DVD players....real cheap....but the store only had so many, they'd toss my poor youngest one into the front of the pile and tell him to start grabbing ~LoL~
They would get up at 4 a.m. and be at the stores before 5.
Now I seen where some stores are opening earlier.
That's bull crap.
No way in hell would I ever get up and go shopping that early, especially when I know there is going to be a huge crowd!
I've never done that....never plan on it.
The big sales aren't worth the pain and hassle to me....and now, I have all my shopping done anyway, I don't need to buy anything more.
Anyone here look forward to the early Friday sales??

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I am still awake during that time anyways and yes I am looking forward to it. I went last year and it only took me an hour to shop for my whole family at Best Buy and I saved a lot of monies.

Dabs

Registered Member
I am still awake during that time anyways and yes I am looking forward to it. I went last year and it only took me an hour to shop for my whole family at Best Buy and I saved a lot of monies.
Wow, good luck to you GB!
I am usually awake too......I rarely sleep...but damn if I will fight crowds.
I don't want anything that bad ~LoL~
Best of luck to you tho and have fun :)

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I went the last few times, it's a nightmare. I'll be skipping it this year.
All the times I have went has been pleasant and civilized except for last year where I had to grab a baby girl out of the crowd because she was about to get trampled.

Dabs

Registered Member
My son's wife is planning on getting up at 4 a.m. and going...my son opted out ~LoL~
He said he would rather sit home with the 2 children instead~
She asked me to go....I said No thanks hun, but you have fun :)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I had never heard of the Black Friday. Why do people do that? What's the point of going shopping at 4am?

Dabs

Registered Member
I had never heard of the Black Friday. Why do people do that? What's the point of going shopping at 4am?

People are crazy Elly~
Stores that sell a large 42" plasma Tv normally for say...$450.....will put it on sale for Black Friday...at a price of about $250.
To lure customers into the store, they offer these huge savings, so people will buy buy buy ~LoL~
It's crazy I tell ya!
They do offer some good sales, but none of them are worth it to me...not to fight a damn crowd at 5 a.m.
I'd rather pay the full regular price and try and keep what's left of my sanity~

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I would love to get all my xmas shopping done at once, cheap, and during the early hours of the morning [but I'd just stay up that late, not wake up early, yuck]. My only reason to not shop then would be the crowds. We don't have Black Friday over here anyway though.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving in my life and I don't plan too. My Mom and Dad and I were checking sales on recliners for tomorrow but I don't think I'm even going to attempt it. There will be other sales anyway.