• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Black-eye Friday, stabbings & shootings.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Stabbings, shootings and brawls have broken out in stores across the nation as shoppers scramble for the best Black Friday bargains.

Black Friday: One man is STABBED in row over parking space and 'shoplifter' is SHOT by police | Mail Online
This is why I stay home during these sales. I don't know whats wrong with someone that would shoot someone then steal their TV. Really shows you what people are capable of under the right circumstances. Even if people aren't right out attacking you the crowds, the lines, the pushing and shoving can get ridiculous.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Isn't it ironic that this happens the day after we give thanks for everything we already have? We as a society are losing perspective of what is and what is not important. It's sad we have devolved into this, violence over a "deal" on a TV.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't imagine wanting any sale item bad enough to shoot someone over. I don't think some of the stores plan for this very well either. The whole thing must be a nightmare for police.

If there is ever a reason food or clean water becomes harder to get better watch out because this will be nothing compared to that.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I have to admit, when I watch videos of Black Friday on the internet I find it mind boggling. I've never seen anything like it. It's just... embarrassing for America. I feel sorry for all the sane normal people who have to have this happen in their country. People trampling each other for a TV? And as CO said, quite ironic the day after Thanksgiving.

We have huge sales here in Aus sometimes too, and I've been to a few myself. People line up outside, and when the gates open the walk in, sometimes doing a fast walk but never running, trampling and fighting others. Actually, I think there was one case once where a sale got a bit rowdy but it doesn't happen often.

Someone has started a website called Black Friday death count, which is kind of shocking considering it's true, and that there has been five deaths so far.

Black Friday Death Count

Deaths over shopping...

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for posting that link Crouton, look like deaths and injuries are up from last year. Its amazing how some people can get over a sale.

I've heard that in past years as many as 135 million people turned out for these sales so its a wonder its no worse than what it is. I'm not sure if that includes internet sales but I doubt it. I've went to a couple of those sales in the past and it was crazy so I stopped going to them. Better off keeping your black Friday shopping on the internet.
------
Here's some interesting (or not) videos of the Black Friday madness. Glad I stayed at home.

Walmart on Black Friday: Scenes from the apocalypse | The Raw Story

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
Isn't it ironic that this happens the day after we give thanks for everything we already have? We as a society are losing perspective of what is and what is not important. It's sad we have devolved into this, violence over a "deal" on a TV.
It's about as ironic as it gets. One of the many reasons why don't shop on Black Friday (though I will admit I wanted to this year). What's the point in giving thanks and then immediately go out to a violent day of shopping the very next day?

I really don't get it either. It's really sad what kinds of things people are willing to do to just to get a good deal. Not worth it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I posted it on Facebook, but the one real thing that aggravates the shit out of me is that out all the things that happen in this country, THIS is what motivates our pathetically passive citizenry? Not voting, not political transparency, privacy, etc. No. A fucking cheap TV.

Welcome to the real America.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anymore your giving thanks at 1:00 then out fighting over a TV at 3:00. Don't even get a day before the wars begin.

Merc I bet a lot of these people are so clueless they couldn't tell you the name of the vice president and have no idea what is going on outside of their own little world but they know what that TV is going to be on sale for.