Black Cat (Fansub ?)

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Swiftstrike, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

For those that have seen black cat which of the fansub groups did a better overall job. I have dled the series done by Oyasumi-Subs I started watching it. I noticed the quality for the video was rather poor.

Then I came across Bakakozou who did a very nice job with FMP!:TSR video quality that is.

So any recommendations between the two (translation and subtexting wise) i have noticed subtle errors with oyasumi and i didnt watch an entire Bakakozou episode (since im still dling the whole package) but i did notice a higher video quality of the episode I did have.

So Oyasumi or Bakakozou?

2. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

I dont really care about fansubs because I like the english dubbing for this anime and the manga so I can wait lol. I love this anime/manga though it is so awesome

3. HitBattousai

HitBattousai Guest

Overall, Oyasumi is considered to have done slightly better subtitling work but not spectacular work by any stretch, and Bakakozou has better video quality. I would probably go with Bakakozou.

For the record, there are reviews of anime, their video rips, etc, here that might help you in the future: http://anidb.info

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Thanks man but reply came a bit late I finished the anime a few weeks ago.

It was good but I was somewhat disappointed I had higher expectations after the first few episodes.

As far as dubbing goes yes i prefer dubs but I didnt want to wait probably a year for the anime to completely dubbed and ripped on dvd by some group. I rather watch the series if I hear its good. I alway dl dubbs and I have made quite a few purchases of anime usually Ill make the purchase based off the content if Im watching the sub.

Basically Im glad I didnt go for the blind purchase on this anime.

5. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

I have read the manga so I know the plot of the show and I really like the characters especially Train. For me this anime is worth buying but I still think the manga is better plot wise