Movies Black and White Movies You Like

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What black and white movies have you seen that you really liked?

I have only seen a few black and white movies. "It's a Wonderful Life", "Psycho", "The Birds", "Godzilla" and "King Kong". Maybe a few others that I am forgetting at the moment.

Out of those I only liked "It's a Wonderful Life". It's one of my favorite movies in fact. Some of those others were decent but nothing worth recommending if you ask me. If I think of others that I've seen I'll add them to this list.

2. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Schindler's List was black and white. That was an awesome movie. Definitely my favorite B&W movie.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
    Oooh_snap likes this.
  3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

These.

Plus some other well known ones - Some Like it Hot, To Kill a Mockingbird, Young Frankenstein, The Elephant Man.

I've seen a ton of b&w movies, too bad I can't remember the names of hardly any. I watch films with my Grandad a couple times a month and about half the time it's a black and white. Some of them are very good, some of them aren't. :lol: I like all the 'popular' ones I mentioned above, though.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I guess that counts, although it was made in the 90's lol. It didn't have the same feel as OLD black and white movies at all if you ask me.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The Elephant Man is one of my favourite films. It's awesome. I also LOVE Some Like It Hot. Bex rules.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I can't really think of too many black and white movies that I've seen. "It's a Wonderful Life" is definitely my favorite B&W, and one of my favorite movies period.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

The Grapes of Wrath

A Farewell to Arms

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1932)

The Great Dictator

Rebel Without A Cause

Eraserhead

The Wild One

On The Waterfront

Wild Strawberries

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Little Shop of Horrors (1957)

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)

Dr. Strangelove

A Hard Day's Night:D

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  8. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Ooooh, Little Shop of Horrors!!! Definitely worth a mention!! Love that movie!

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm surprised no one mentioned 12 Angry Men thus far, especially you Tucker.

Here's a few others that I enjoyed:

Young Frankenstein
    Manhattan
    The Philadelphia Story
    Casablanca
    Some like it hot

There's a lot more, but those are some of my favorites.

10. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Back in high school I watched the "newer version" of 12 Angry Men and I was really surprised how good it was. I recently watched the black and white version with Henry Fonda and absolutely loved it. Definitely a whole lot better then the 97 version. I think what stood out from the 57 version is the acting was far more superior then the newer one. Great black and white movie and suggest everyone to check it out.