Movies Black and White Movies You Like

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
What black and white movies have you seen that you really liked?

I have only seen a few black and white movies. "It's a Wonderful Life", "Psycho", "The Birds", "Godzilla" and "King Kong". Maybe a few others that I am forgetting at the moment.

Out of those I only liked "It's a Wonderful Life". It's one of my favorite movies in fact. Some of those others were decent but nothing worth recommending if you ask me. If I think of others that I've seen I'll add them to this list.

"It's a Wonderful Life", "Psycho", "The Birds"
These.

Plus some other well known ones - Some Like it Hot, To Kill a Mockingbird, Young Frankenstein, The Elephant Man.

I've seen a ton of b&w movies, too bad I can't remember the names of hardly any. I watch films with my Grandad a couple times a month and about half the time it's a black and white. Some of them are very good, some of them aren't. :lol: I like all the 'popular' ones I mentioned above, though.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I can't really think of too many black and white movies that I've seen. "It's a Wonderful Life" is definitely my favorite B&W, and one of my favorite movies period.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
The Grapes of Wrath

A Farewell to Arms

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1932)

The Great Dictator

Rebel Without A Cause

Eraserhead

The Wild One

On The Waterfront

Wild Strawberries

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Little Shop of Horrors (1957)

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)

Dr. Strangelove

A Hard Day's Night:D

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm surprised no one mentioned 12 Angry Men thus far, especially you Tucker.

Here's a few others that I enjoyed:

Young Frankenstein
Manhattan
The Philadelphia Story
Casablanca
Some like it hot

There's a lot more, but those are some of my favorites.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Back in high school I watched the "newer version" of 12 Angry Men and I was really surprised how good it was. I recently watched the black and white version with Henry Fonda and absolutely loved it. Definitely a whole lot better then the 97 version. I think what stood out from the 57 version is the acting was far more superior then the newer one. Great black and white movie and suggest everyone to check it out.