"Bitterly clinging to guns and religion"

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Last edited:

Sim

Registered Member
Pennsylvania is not exactly a hotbed of gun-crazy rednecks, as far as I know. So there is hope he'll make it.

And why should people be pissed because of his comment? When you love guns and religion, why feeling insulted when someone recognizes that?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Pennsylvania is not exactly a hotbed of gun-crazy rednecks, as far as I know. So there is hope he'll make it.
You're funny :rolleyes: Have you been to PA besides Philly or Pittsburgh? This is nothing but a redneck, gun and hunting state. Rural PA keeps urban PA in check, which keeps us a very split down the middle kind of state.
------
And why should people be pissed because of his comment? When you love guns and religion, why feeling insulted when someone recognizes that?
I don't cling to guns or religion because I'm frustrated, I cling to them because its a right.

Last edited:

Sim

Registered Member
I don't cling to guns or religion because I'm frustrated, I cling to them because its a right.
Come on, that's an excuse. You just like guns. And I'm fine with that, it's your right to like guns. But you don't like guns *because* it's a right. You like guns because you love their feeling, maybe the feeling of power when shooting, or because it's fun as sport, hunting or competition with others. This just happens to be your right, and that's why you don't want others to question your right to have fun with guns.

I mean I have the right to drive bicycle, and I love driving bicycle, because it's a great sport and feels good. But I don't like driving bicycle, *because* that's my right.

If you were really interested in constitutional rights, there would be no chance in hell you'd ever vote for the Republicans, who have eroded civil rights in the name of "national security" to an extent onheard of ever before Bush.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
supporting gun control does not equal wanting to overturn the second amendment.
Oh? And how far does gun control have to go before it infringes on the 2A? As we can see from the liberals in DC, Chicago and San Fran they think an out right ban is reasonable.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Oh? And how far does gun control have to go before it infringes on the 2A? As we can see from the liberals in DC, Chicago and San Fran they think an out right ban is reasonable.

or even in the UK. I know obviously 2A isnt their document, but the sheer relevance of Gun ownership in the UK... so little that even officers of the law dont carry.

Even worse! I just found out they cant have knives! At what point are we banning items just out of fear? I can be just as dangerous with a Fountain Pen and a bad attitude as I can with a Dagger.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
supporting gun control does not equal wanting to overturn the second amendment.
It basically does these days. People are either pro-guns or pro-banning guns. It's ridiculous that we cannot find a middle ground.

All I have to say to anyone who agrees with an outright ban is this: Know your history.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
OK maybe I should have phrased that differenly.

Barack Obama voting in support of certain gun control measures does not equal Barack Obama wants to overturn the second amendment. Bear in mind that Obama taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
OK maybe I should have phrased that differenly.

Barack Obama voting in support of certain gun control measures does not equal Barack Obama wants to overturn the second amendment. Bear in mind that Obama taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago.

Look at your words here Jeanie... CHICAGO... one of the most gun grabbing liberal cities in the U.S. You can't convince me that someone who votes against gun rights, is suddenly going to respect the amendment in his teachings. The fact is Obama may not outright ban them, he'll do it slowly just like all the liberal states do. Just because he taught it, doesn't mean he is for it.

The NRA didn't give him an 'F' rating just because they picked a letter out of a hat, they did it for a reason.

Last edited: