• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bitchin'

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Do you participate in the past-time called bitching? In which you discuss general annoyance/hatred/misgivings and whatever else about somebody else - especially when they aren't around.
And don't lie... please.

Women seem to do it mostly, as far as I've experienced, although I know blokes to have done it too.
Is it a cultural thing? If you do it, do you get any satisfaction? Does it make a social situation better (funnier, more memorable) - Is it prescribed for you and others to do now...

Generally discuss bitching.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I tend not to bitch as much as I used to.

If I've got a problem with somebody I'm quite happy to tell them to their face instead of behind their back.

That said, I do enjoy listening to others bitch about people, some of it is quite humorous!!

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm generally not the type of person to bitch about someone, but I can't say I've never done it before or hate hearing it from other people. I think if I'd grown up with a different group of friends I'd feel slightly differently, because when I think about it, I hate bitching. But the majority of my friends at school were definitely bitchy and I got used to hearing a ton of negative stuff about other people and now I'm just used to that and don't really think twice about it when I hear it.

But no matter how often people do it around me, I try to stay out of it. I don't like discussing other people when they aren't around especially if I haven't got my facts straight. The only time I will talk about other people is a) If it's with someone I'm really close with and tell everything to, or b) If I'm nervous, or something, and just making conversation.

Oh, and I know first-hand that things can get blown waaay out of proportion when a group of girls get together and bitch about someone. It can turn the whole group against that one person even if they don't know him/her that well (and chances are they don't). And this is why I try my hardest not to judge people whom I have never met, but have just heard my friends talk about behind their back.

On the other (smaller) hand, bitching lets off steam and I think I'd prefer someone to be negative about a person to me than say it to their FACE and regret it later, or make that person unnecessarily upset.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I think that if someone said they never EVER bitch about someone with a friend or relative behind their back then they are probably lying. I personally try not to bitch about people as much as I can but sometimes it just happens before I even realise that it happened. Especially if you are in a group of people and the topic is just brought up... or if it's someone you genuinely don't like. For example, if I was with a bunch of students at school and they all started bitching about a teacher we all hate, then yeah... I would probably join in and not even feel too bad about it (especially if it's a really crap/mean teacher).

Impact

V.I.P.
Of course i've bitched, but at the same time it's not anything I wouldn't say to that persons face. I may be a little more diplomatic to their face, but that's about it. Bitching, like any good rant, is healthier than keeping it inside ready to explode at any moment.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Well, I'm not def certain what ****in' is cause of filtering. But it def reads like you mean dissing. Everybody I know does. But it's nothing I haven't already said to them anyway. And I def have a rule about not doing it if I haven't told them.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Of course i've bitched, but at the same time it's not anything I wouldn't say to that persons face. I may be a little more diplomatic to their face, but that's about it. Bitching, like any good rant, is healthier than keeping it inside ready to explode at any moment.
Same here. I mostly avoid doing it though. I'd rather be om and think of positive things.

Well, I'm not def certain what ****in' is cause of filtering. But it def reads like you mean dissing. Everybody I know does. But it's nothing I haven't already said to them anyway. And I def have a rule about not doing it if I haven't told them.
You can switch off your filters from Edit Options (just in case you didn't know). Also, if you're really curious the title is about a word that sounds like itching but starts with a B. :lol:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
This. I think it's Pollyanna-ish to expect that you're going to like everyone and never have a negative thought about anyone. If something is really sticking in your craw, it's better to let it out and talk about it with someone who will sympathize rather than let it build up inside. Thankfully I have good friends who will keep me in check if my bitching becomes excessive or unfair.

Dabs

Registered Member
Oh hell yeah, I'm a bitcher! Got 2 ex husbands who will vouch for me too.

Iris

rainbow 11!
i bitch about work to my friends outside of work, and vice versa.

Basically, if I talk shit, it's going to be to someone you will more than likely never meet. Mainly because I'm just using it as a cathartic release to vent and get those emotions out and such.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scissorhands Bathroom Wall 0