Birth Control...

kmone

Registered Member
My girlfriend is on the pill....last week i screwed up, didnt pull out...was wondring what the chances of her getting pregnant is? she assured me that everything is fine and that I dont have to worry, and that her Ex used to do that all the time, even when she wasnt on the pill....what do you guys think?

I know, i shouldnt play with fire like that....

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
If you want to be sure then you should also use a condom.

The pull out method is not 100% effective either, since the penis can let out sperm before ejaculation.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
The pull out method does not work, my daughter is living proof.

If you trust her to be taking her pill at the same time every day, you're probably OK, but it doesn't hurt to use a condom. every time.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
It's not 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. But like others here said, if you don't want to play with fire, USE A CONDOM!!!

Sorrel

Registered Member
The only women I know who got pregnant on the pill made mistakes: forgot a day or were taking certain antibiotics which interfere with the pill's effectiveness.

I used just the pill for many years and didn't get pregnant, as did most of my generation. As soon as I stopped and tried to get pregnant, I did.

These days I think a man should always use a condom, unless he is married or has a long-term monogamous relationship.

There's always the morning-after pill if you're ever really worried.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Don't have sex if you want 100% of not getting your gf pregnant (unless she's Mary :lol: ).

So I suggest you try the most you can to avoid pregnancy - like a mix of birth control methods if you can't abstain. I've heard stories of different birth control methods failing (risks vary of course) but the worst type of "birth control" is withdrawal. I've had a mix of calendar and withdrawal method but I still have a baby. My mom got preggy too even while using the pill (hey maybe our fertility it's genetic, haha).

I hope your gf isn't pregnant. If she's taking the pill regularly, that minimises the chance of her being one. But in case you do get through this pregnancy scare, try using at least condoms next time.

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
Yah, the pull-out method is complete crap. The man leaves pre-cum in there before he even has an orgasm.

If she is using the pill perfectly, you are probably fine. But if it worries you that much, you need to use a condom. Pulling-out is doing NOTHING.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
The sentences in Bold are to be kept in mind.

How Effective Is Withdrawal?

Effectiveness is an important and common concern when choosing a birth control method. Like all birth control methods, the pull out method is much more effective when you do it correctly.

* Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly.
* Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant each year if they don't always do it correctly.

Couples who have great self-control, experience, and trust may use the pull out method more effectively. Men who use the pull out method must be able to know when they are reaching the point in sexual excitement when ejaculation can no longer be stopped or postponed. If you cannot predict this moment accurately, withdrawal will not be as effective.

Even if a man pulls out in time, pregnancy can still happen.

Some experts believe that pre-ejaculate, or pre-cum, can pick up enough sperm left in the urethra from a previous ejaculation to cause pregnancy. If a man urinates between ejaculations before having sex again, it will help clear the urethra of sperm and may increase the effectiveness of withdrawal.

Pregnancy is also possible if semen or pre-ejaculate is spilled on the vulva.

Keep in mind that the withdrawal method does not protect you from sexually transmitted diseases. Use a latex condom or female condom to reduce the risk of infection.
Source: Withdrawal (Pull Out Method) - Planned Parenthood