Birdman On The Road To Recovery

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Denver Post - Chris Andersen was given a two-year suspension on January 27th for violating the NBA's substance abuse policy and in his first interview since, he spoke with Marc J. Spears of the Denver Post.

"I tell people I don't drink anymore and they look at me sideways," Andersen said, blaming alcohol as the root cause of his current situation. "Then they'll say, 'Seriously, let me buy you a drink.' And I'll say, 'I don't do that any more.' Some of them don't know what happened to me. But the ones that do, they respect me more for that. A couple people have told me I'm a big inspiration to them."

Declining to say which ones, Andersen said he also experimented twice with hard drugs, just before Christmas a year ago. He was given a random drug test on December 26th and he failed.

Following the suspension, Andersen voluntarily entered an alcohol rehabilitation clinic in Malibu, Calif., that cost $50,000. He completed the 30-day program and said he hasn't touched alcohol or drugs since.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/42111/20060903/birdman_on_the_road_to_recovery/

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Its a shame Chris was a solid big man very athletic and quickly, I hope he comes back stronger than ever, hopefully playing for the Hornets.

3. Almost2Clean

Almost2Clean Guest

Get the F outta here. Chris Anderson was a waste of vert. I'm glad he;s gone. They Shouldn't let him back. he missed 1 foot put backs 24/7. But maybe i'm biased. Watching him in the dunk competition a few years back has gotten me to dislike him with a passion. He missed about 20 attempts for 1 dunk. It was a horror to watch

4. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I recall Nate Robinson missin' quite a few dunks in the dunk contest does that make him any less of a good player, Chris is very swift for a guy of his size and him coming back could really help the Hronets.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am hopeful he gets better, not to come back to play in the NBA but for is own health. I personally never liked him either, and the difference between the misses he did and Nate was that, Nate dunk attempts he missed so much was harder to do then Birdmans, and Nate is 5"6.