Xbox Brand Bioshock...kiss your GoW goodbye.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Kazmarov, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Developer's Commentary:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ur1rmx95Co

Normal Trailer:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lmw78t8NgIE

Bioshock is a first-person adventure game that is a succesor to System Shock. It takes place in a libertarian Ayn Rand-esque utopian underwater city that has been destroyed in a war over a slug species that secretes stem-cells, which can be used to augment humans.

This game is totally open ended, has fantastic AI and graphics, and uses "emergent gaming", sort of in the vein of GTA. I think this game will completely pound the somewhat simplistic GoW into the ground when it comes out in June.

It will also be available for Vista.

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I read up on this game in EGM and am somewhat unimpressed...Im looking more forward to Mass Effect Bioware's doing it.

3. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

From what you've said they appeal to totally different crowds (even though I'll own both). Bungie even said that HALO 3 and GoW won't be competing against each other.

4. Blur

Blur iPimp

Saw the trailer about 5 months ago...looks coo

5. Yeah, I'm drooling over this one...I was a big fan of System Shock 2. Everything about the game screams atmosphere....ooh I can't wait. I will say, Kaz, that GoW is really a well made game. The focus of GoW was to be a big 'ol brute of a shooter, and does this oh so well. Like Gavik said, these are just two different breeds of games.

I don't know why Ken Levine suggested that this is a shooter because, at its heart, it really isn't. This'll be a great mix of many genres like RPG, adventure, horror, and story-based shooter. It'll be quite similar to System Shock, ironically. Another game with similar elements is Deus Ex(one of my favorites of all time).

I don't mean to be snooty but....I can get kinda snooty about games.

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I can instantly see people going up in arms about the player killing children...

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I just downloaded and beat the demo for this game and I have to say . . .

Holyfuckingmotherofjumpingjesuschrist.

8. Swiftstrike

So...thats means its good right?? ;)

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Everything about the game is incredible, I was so disappointed when it ended (even though it was a good 15-20 minutes) because I wanted more.

Sound, graphics, characters, voices, atmosphere, ambience, presentation, all of it is totally in sync and incredible. I'm going to be so sad when it comes out because I won't be able to get it for a few weeks.

:'(

10. Swiftstrike

Why wont your be able to get it?

Also I heard the Campaign was great but the Multiplayer is what could be shaky. EGM was not sure how the MP will pan out whether it will be fluid and balanced or even fun.

But we will see!