Bing.com

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I've used it a few times before.

It's basically the same as google and ask.com and all the other search engines.

So far I havent seen anything different about it.....

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Never heard of it until now.

Apparently...
The result of this new approach is an important beginning for a new and more powerful kind of search service, which Microsoft is calling a Decision Engine, designed to empower people to gain insight and knowledge from the Web, moving more quickly to important decisions.
...but I have no idea what the smeg that means.

browneyes106

Registered Member
I saw a Bing commercial last night. I have used it a couple of times and it's seems like a good search engine but I still like Google more.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
nice, I remember in my Business classes we'd talked about that.... breaking the Social wall and what not.

how there were odd cases where brand names like "kleenex" mean Fuck You in malaysian or something :hah: And Nova in Mexican means breaks down, lol so obviously the Chevy Nova didnt do so well down there hahhah.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
So far, MS haven't been doing too well when it comes to choosing names that don't mean something else in foreign languages. But I suppose every company can have that problem sometimes.

So we have Natal meaning "christmas" in Portuguese, Bing meaning "disease" in Chinese, and Xbox 360 meaning "Not a PlayStation 3" in Japanese.

Iris

rainbow 11!
So. We know what Chandler did after Friends ended.

Anyways, I have heard a lot of good things, but haven't used it myself.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Those commercials aren't bad at all. Kudos to their marketing department.

As for Bing.com itself, I'm not a fan so far. So far when I have searched for stuff I couldn't find what I wanted as quickly as I could in Google.