• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Binary Domain (iRobot meets Vanquish)

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
No lie, this looks like shit.

For some reason, this game sounds like it will be insanely stupid in concept, and have too many overused aspects in the gameplay.

Plus comparing this to Vanquish is a mistake. I LOVED Vanquish, this is not necessarily close to being like Vanquish. If it seems to be that close to it, maybe it is a ripoff?

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Well i cant relate to any of it, but thats opinions.

I think the game looks great, and its done by the same team behind the yakuza series, so im sure it will have quality. The gameplay looks polished, and although the story will probably be shit, its not something i care in games ^_^

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Well i cant relate to any of it, but thats opinions.

I think the game looks great, and its done by the same team behind the yakuza series, so im sure it will have quality. The gameplay looks polished, and although the story will probably be shit, its not something i care in games ^_^
The Yakuza games aren't that good, actually. I think they are slow and the combat down to button-mashing. Not fun, for me.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
The Yakuza games aren't that good, actually. I think they are slow and the combat down to button-mashing. Not fun, for me.
Its not an outstanding game by all means, it has tons of clunky elements. But i still prefer it over GTA for instance.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm with KSpice a bit here. The visuals and action in this game look amazing, but that story has been used hundreds of times over. I'm sick of every game being released now having the same story of something else. I want more original and unique video game stories.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
I'm with KSpice a bit here. The visuals and action in this game look amazing, but that story has been used hundreds of times over. I'm sick of every game being released now having the same story of something else. I want more original and unique video game stories.
Yep the story seems crap. But to be honest i feel that nowadays most video games have crappy stories, you can find good ones here and there, but its very rare.

Now the days of point and click games, you had rich stories, filled with interactivity.

To me all i care for the most is the gameplay and the setting.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
There are still point and click games. And a lot of new games still have good stories to me. The Portal games, Uncharted series, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed. They all have good stories.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Portal 2 has a great story. Uncharted and RDR are as much cliche as this game seems to be. In RDR i figured out the ending just by reading the cover title and playing for 15 minutes. xD

But anyway. Right now im catching up with some older games, im playing The longest journey for the PC, and the game is just amazing.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
This:

Looks like a hardcore throwback to N64's Perfect Dark's Chicago mission:

And the robots' stylings look much like (aside from iRobot mentioned above) the helm from Wall-E--:

--and the turrets from Portal:

:yawn:
------
EDIT: All that ripped off styling without the good story line. :lol:

Last edited: