Bin Laden Threatens More Attacks on US

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Bin Laden Threatens More Attacks on US - Sphere News

I guess he's still alive. But with that being said, I don't understand how they haven't found this guy yet. It's been since 2001 they've been trying to track him down, and still haven't accomplished the job.

2. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Damn it, hes not dead. That fucker. When we're done with him hes gonna wish he was dead. Bring it on, Bin Laden, we're ready this time, that cowardly bitch.

Edit: I suppose I better edit this to make this more "Mature."

I do not believe Al Qaida has the capabilities the capabilities to do another 9/11. Their are simply to many differances

1) Improved security in airports (not just in US, everywhere)
    2) Reduced Income
    3) reduced fighter strength
    4) Increased pressure from both CIA and other intelligence agencies
    5) Other tensions in the Middle East (increased regulation and monitoring of people's living their (of course, incognito operations may slip through))

it would be much more difficult to make another large attack against anyone now.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

6) People will actually fight back this time. The first time the passengers probably thought it was a take over, and that they would be released once a negotiator talked to them for awhile. This time, everybody and their brother knows to fight back. 80 vs 4? lol - good luck.

4. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

He might just yet have the brains to make such an attack.
    Just because there is higher security in airports and more awareness etc.

Could you imagine him concocting up something not airborne related?!
    I can imagine it. Don't think he plans on doing another 9/11 copying what he did then, no way, if he is smart (which unfortunately he might be) he'll be coming in from an entirely different approach...

I wonder if the US citizens and army will really be ready for whatever he has in mind...

5. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

As long as Al Qaeda keep up the charade that they are an imminent threat then that is all they are. They dont have the resource or the capability to make any significant attack on western countries. The biggest fear is fear itself and thats about the only tool they have left in their arsenal.

If the best they can now do is stuff a guys pants and fail to explode him you wonder what their true capacity as a terrorist organisation is. Muslims around the wolrd are growing tired of this small band of jihad fundamentalists who are struggling to find refuge in the most remote backwaters of this planet as they try and find people vulnerable enough to beleive their hollow justifications for their war. Even if they do find people, they cant do anything without arousing suspicion and the results at worst is a guy with his pants on fire.

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

They might not pull off another 9/11 specifically, but they can pull off another terror attack that would be almost as devastating.

I could probably pull off a fairly significant terror attack by myself. It doesn't take a lot of resources.

Exactly. There are tons of other things they could do - and there's no real way we could prevent it.

7. Bananas

You probably could, but then Im assuming you are also not an organisation that is being monitored by practically the entire developed and half the undeveloped world.

Its also likely you in all your unknown quantity would arouse at least some suspicion in any attempt to make a significant terror attack. The closer to any organisation you become the more known that quantity becomes and the suspicion from there on is only amplified.

8. Wade8813

Good point. But while we're watching for al-Qaeda as a whole, and its leadership specifically, the majority of its members we don't know about. And they could easily pull off lots of terror attacks on us if they wanted to.

The fact that they haven't indicates a lot; but I don't think it indicates a lack of opportunity/capability.

9. Bananas

..... isnt the whole jist of Al Qaeda and Bin Ladens message that they do want to attack. I dont think its a matter of if.

If they have the opportunity and capability and its clear they also have the desire, the only thing missing is the execution.

Al Qaeda is not a threat, they have not been a threat since there association with the Taliabn made it fairly obvious these were people you dont want to be associated with. Most of the command system and operatiion is frozen or been killed. The rest are holed up in a cave trying to spin their own stories. Consequently the only threat Al Qaeda is now by inspired groups, and these inspired groups do lack the capability to execute their plans effectively.

We will never be rid of terrror and there is no need to get complacent that they will not come, but then neither should we over anticipate their capabilities and submit to fear.

10. Wade8813

It seems likely to me that Al Qaeda's leadership is cut off, and the rest of their members flounder without that leadership (this is fairly common, although often I think there's no good reason for it :dunno:).

It's often incredibly hard to keep track of the "little people" in an organization of any size.