• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Billy Joel or Elton John

Billy Joel or Elton John

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Both of these artist came to my town June 1st and I heard they put on a hell of a show. I wish I could of gotten tickets to watch them.

My purpose of this thread is I want to know who you prefer, Elton John or Billiy Joel?

I like them both, but I like Joel a bit more, he has better songs in my opinion, and even though both sound great live, I believe Joel sounds better.

My favorite song from Joel is We didn't start the fire.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Yeah I like both as well, but I gotta go with my man Elton John (NOT cause he's gay). Just the fact that I've hear more of his style of music and I like it a bit better, plus he's a charitable guy and really has a passion for what he does, not matter if its with music or with the community.

~Shwa

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I like Billy better, mainly because I have listened to him more over the years and I like his style of music. Maybe if I listened more to Elton I might think different but Elton doesn't appeal to me as much.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Haha I guess I've listened to him more since the first song I heard of his was from the Lion King from Disney. He does a lot of Disney song too, along with Phill Collins, but I liked Elton's work in The Road to El Doraldo.

~Shwa

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I listen to them both, not huge amounts, but every now and then. However I had a phase where I loooved Billy, so I have to go with him out of loyalty.

greyham_G

Registered Member
I never really got into billy joel, good stuff but i never really listened to it. On the other hand, i listen to elton john and i really enjoy his stuff, so ill have to go with elton john.

KarlW

Registered Member
For me, it's a tossup. Both have had a lot of hits that I still never tire of
listening to. Among my favorites:

Billy Joel
River of Dreams
We Didn't Start the Fire
Just the Way You Are
My Life
She's Got a Way
The Longest Time
Leave a Tender Moment Alone
Piano Man
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
And So It Goes
All Shook Up

Elton John
Your Song
Sad Songs Say So Much
Daniel
Goodbye Yeloow Brick Road
Candle in the Wind
Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
Crocodile Rock
Sacrifice
You Gotta Love Someone
Circle of Life (from "The Lion King")
Can You Feel the Love Tonight (from "The Lion King")
Believe
The One
Something About the Way You Look Tonight
Candle in the Wind 1997
Written in the Stars (duet with LeAnn Rimes)
"Road to El Dorado" soundtrack

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I prefer Billy Joel. His songs that I like that haven't been mentioned yet in this thread: She's Always a Woman, Honesty, Tell Her About It.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I like them both but I have to say Elton John. I think he's one of the most talented individuals in the music business ever. Great songwriter and has such an incredible voice.

nicole

Registered Member
Billy Joel is awful.

His stuff reminds me of bein in a dentists chair and hearin Only the Good Die Young while i'm gettin a filling.

Early Elton John is the shizz