Billy Idol

Discussion in 'Music' started by viLky, May 11, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

When I first heard of Billy Idol so long ago I thought he had music like Elton John. I didn't expect it to be so great! I love metal, and he has some great stuff.

YouTube - Rebel Yell (Billy Idol cover)

^ Rebel Yell is one of his great songs. Very good and fast.

White Wedding is another good one.

Does anybody like his stuff? I don't get why people make fun of him. :eek:

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I like some of his songs like Dancing with Myself, Eyes Without a Face, and Don't you Forget about me. The others, I don't dig it much.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not a big fan of Billy Idol, I like Money Money and White Wedding that's pretty much it.

Im going to a Def Leppard concert in August and Billy Idol will be opening for them, so will see if I really like him or not.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Just a correction: the video I posted was a mistake. It was sung by somebody else other than Billy Idol. I never listened to Billy before, so, I just assumed it was him. My apologies!

Mony, Mony and Dancing By Myself are good, too. I checked them about after Rebel Yell. Good stuff.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
    ysabel likes this.
  5. Stonebow

Stonebow Registered Member

While your listening to Billy idol, try getting some of his early stuff when he was with Generation X

:)

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i enjoy his stuff, i have his best of album and his album Devils Playground...has a christmas song called Daddys Yelling at the Christmas Tree, its a pretty good track and funny to